Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first time I used the KIA iPod Cable in our 2010 Forte with my 3rd gen iPod Touch 32GB it worked fine. Now the radio displays "iPod empty" while the iPod displays "Connected to Auxiliary Device". If using just the 3.5mm audio cable, it plays my iPod music but of course radio displays no info and must control from the iPod. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I have exactly the same problem... At least I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
are u using the stock cables from kia? its different from those 3rd party ones... another thing is to wriggle the connectors, the connection may not be tight enough...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the stock cable KIA included when we purchased the Forte 6 days ago. I know these connectors are fragile and have been very careful with it. When I show the dealer the problem I will update this thread. Thank you for the USB drive suggestion Michael.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Try a reboot. I find after a sync, the first connection sometimes goes funny. I think the ipod hasn't quite yet finalized it's internal database.

Cheers

D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much, D! I "Reset" the iPod and sure enough it worked the next time I used the KIA cable.

MaxD, hope this resolves the problem for you as well. To Reset your iPod Touch, "press and hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously at the same time for at least ten seconds, then the LCD display will clear and the Apple logo appears on the black background. When Apple logo appears, reset is done." Press Sleep/Wake button to turn iPod back on.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
bye bye aux cable :D

Thx guys !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts