Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

After a best finish of second during the team's inaugural run last year, this past weekend Kia topped the podium for the first time ever in the automaker's history.

Competing in the GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race, driver's Michael Galati and Nic Jönsson piloted their No. 10 Forte Koup to first place in the Street Tuner class at Barber Motorsports Park.

After qualifying just 16th, Michael Galati brought the car into the top 10 before handing it off to his co-driver, with Jönsson then taking the lead with a half-hour left, fending off several challenges to secure the win.

"After starting the year with two top 10 results and our first podium finish, we arrived at Barber Motorsports Park with high expectations and our sights set on earning Kia's first-ever victory," said Michael Sprague, vice president, marketing & communications at Kia Motors America. "With the proximity to KMMG, the Barber race was a bit of a homecoming for us, and the efforts of Michael, Nic and the entire Kinetic Motorsports crew led to this tremendous milestone. Notching our first win with a large number of Kia team members and dealers cheering us on made the result even more memorable."

More: Kia Claims its First Ever Motorsports Victory on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I knew that they'd get it together in a year or so..
Thats great news Good Job Kinetic Motorsports
;)

Hopefully next race goes just as well :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is great maybe kia will eventually come out with a turbo version of the koup and forte :D

If Hyundai can make a sonta 2.0 turbo that gets 35mpg why can kia do the same. Isn't kia part of hyundai any way.

would i be interested in purchasing a turbo version of the kia forte with a two door hatch back .. I would be the first in line

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow this is great news for Kia and for manufacturer racing as a whole. Congrats to the team, and welcome Korean cars to the winners circle!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,842 Posts
That's great for the number 10 Koup (green-covered headlights)! What happened to the number 12 Koup (red-covered headlights)?

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
That's great for the number 10 Koup (green-covered headlights)! What happened to the number 12 Koup (red-covered headlights)?
Whenever I hear about these races I always hear good things about the number 10 Koup and nothing about the number 12 Koup. It says the number 12 Koup captured their first ever top ten performance but doesn't say which position they grabbed. I'm guessing they were 10th. Here's the article I saw...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ing-victory-in-company-history-119586844.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts