· Registered
2022 Kia Forte LXS Fire Orange
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to contact the Kansas City law firm with their class action lawsuit to see what they say. Will report on the results later.

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Class actions serve only to make lawyers rich, you'll see like 10 bucks if that at best

· Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Class actions serve only to make lawyers rich, you'll see like 10 bucks if that at best
Roger that. I lived through the days of four law firms almost suing general aviation makers out of business, and then was involved in the Hyundai Theta II suit. Lawyers got very wealthy. Plantiffs got almost nothing. Same will happen with the Kia thefts, I imagine. The American tort system is broken and is considered a joke in the rest of the world that limits attorney fees.

As I have a 2022 with the engine immobilizer I'm not included in the litigation. Still, I'm curious to get first-hand information to pass on to those who have had their cars stolen or otherwise have been hurt. The potential process, timeline, qualifications and expected outcome will be useful to them.

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
Yeah blame Kia not the criminals... chicken shit move as far as I’m concerned.
This. Suing Kia won't do sh!t anyway

Reactions: Intruder

· Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today I called the law firm of Humphrey, Farrington and McCain, Independence, Mo., one of the firms initiating a class action lawsuit against Kia, to find out some details of how they plan to proceed.

Well, got an invitation to sign an attorney-client agreement, but no further details. They haven't defined who they plan to represent (all Kia owners or just theft victims), what they plan to ask for, or when they plan to start.

This is in contrast to the Theta II suit against Hyundai that started very quickly and was well defined. That case went from identification of plantiffs to trial to resolution in about four years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts