Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have actually been interested in buying a Kia Forte Koup SX for the last six weeks. None of the dealers in my area have anything (Dallas area). I am looking for the SX Koup with an automatic, they even put me on top of the list weeks ago. Still no calls. I have never ran into this before that a dealer has no cars to sell you. Anybody else have any trouble getting their Forte?:confused:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I ordered mine Aug 28th and recived my Black Koup SX 6 mt Nov 12.....

Good luck on the wait :)

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I'm curious how long it takes to ship them to the US from S. Korea and then to the dealerships. Mine from the day I picked it up and the date built was 7.5 weeks. I did not order mine. My dealer at the time had 5 (Koups) in stock. Checked new inventory yesterday: 10 sedans 0 Koups.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've seen 1 or 2 dealers here in San Diego have them listed on their sites, but the 2 places I've been to had only EX's at the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to everybody. I am amazed the salesman never called me knowing they had some stock in the area. I will find a new salesman. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Dealers around here are notorious for having a lot full of automatics. When you add that to our shortage of Racing Red, yes...they are hard to find. I guess I should've specified "regionally rare". It may be different elsewhere.

·
Registered
105 Posts
In my trolling of dealers' sites I've noticed some definite turnover of models her4e in SD and autos seem to prevail (I've yet to see any OTR esp Soar4Fun's). A dealer up in Corona or nearby had this holy grail model lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I finally got my racing red sx model. Very happy with the purchase. I got the koup and noticed I posted this in the wrong forum (sedan). I have one unrelated question. Does the radio have to be on for the bluetooth to work, that seems to be the case with mine. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nope. If your phone is paired, and the Bluetooth is turned on on your phone and on the radio, it'll work with the radio off. (I'm assuming you're talking about when the car is running or the key is at least in the 'on' position). Push the talk button on the left side of the wheel, and you'll see "Listening" on the screen. Say "Call" and you're on your way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My phone is paired and works fine when the radio is on. But if the radio is off, or turned off, I lose all functionality. In fact if I get in my car and start it with the radio off I never get the message that my phone is "download completed" or whatever the voice says to you from the car. I even try to push the bluetooth buttons on the wheel and they are dead or nothing happens. If I turn the radio on later it starts downloading my phonebook and pairs to my phone, just won't do it when the radio is off.

·
Registered
436 Posts
That's strange. I don't think I get the "TRANSFER COMPLETE" audio message if the radio is off, but after a couple of minutes after startup, I can press the "talk" button and make a call regardless of the radio status.

Just don't try to make a call until a couple of minutes have passed. Mine won't respond at all until it's done with the transfer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts