Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a long drive so I often check all fluids, last Thrusday before leaving I saw the the oil level was at the halfway mark. Added oil and drove to work which is 1 1/2 hour trip. After getting back home I started looking for leaks and could not find any, in addition there is no oil on the garage floor. After it cooled down, removed the radiator cap which is were all the oil is. Drain the oil and checked and it was extremely clean not radiator fluid, etc. Took the car to the closest Kia dealer on Thursday and was told I will not have the car back for possibly 3 weeks while they fly in new engine. Asked today what they found and the Service Manager said he did not know but was told to replace the engine. Of course I can only get a loaner if I take my Kia and tow it 3 hours to the original dealer I purchased from. So it looks like I get to pay 38.95 a day for the next two weeks till the replace the engine.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sounds like a head gasket to me. Did you notice anything different over the last few weeks?

Such a shame, and I would say thats bull that you cant get a loaner from that dealer....I would be calling Kia!

·
Registered
104 Posts
definatly... the warranty comes from Kia not the dealership. here bro i have been talking to a person from the Kia Consumer Affairs Dept. in the USA. Her name is Darlene Lyons 1-(800) 333-4542 ext 46252. She should be able to help you out or atleast guide you to the person who can. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello blackwatch,

Nothing out of the ordinary, no loss of hp or mpg. No white smoke etc, oil looked perfect. No odd noises or smells from the engine or exhaust, no warning lights of any kind.

Casco88
Thank you very muck for the number I will call them tomorrow, let post back on the news.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wow that really blows!!! But ya KIA is required that any repair that will last more than 24 hrs is required to give out a loaner courtesy vehicle of comparable size and class... Not cool I would be creating one hell of a storm at the dealership until they threw a set of keys and me and told me to leave lol...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello OrangeCrush,

The dealer is University Kia of Durham I will calling the number provided by Casco88.
Dealer told me now loaner under any circumstances, buy used lexus and take in for just service you get a loaner.

·
Registered
109 Posts
thats BS... your dealership is not following the standards set forth buy Kia. You are entitled to a loaner if you are getting a warranty repair job done and it takes over 24hours. Call kia USA and then bitch and complain like its the end of the world... you should not have to dish out $40 a day for a rental.... not cool.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello apecio,

Called today Ezekiel and Kia Support Center, asked about the 24 hour repair and was told that was not in the Kia repair agreement. I told him the dealer has had the car since 3/11 and he said he would look into the matter about the loaner and would have to investigate. He took down my new address, dealer information. Then told me his supervisor would call the dealer and get back to me if they would provide a loaner.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I got my transmission replaced a while back... They offered me a loaner without me asking for it (thought I didn't take it because I have another car).

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Hello apecio,

Called today Ezekiel and Kia Support Center, asked about the 24 hour repair and was told that was not in the Kia repair agreement. I told him the dealer has had the car since 3/11 and he said he would look into the matter about the loaner and would have to investigate. He took down my new address, dealer information. Then told me his supervisor would call the dealer and get back to me if they would provide a loaner.
By looking at your sig I don't see why you need a loaner!!!!
Nerver the less, I wish you GL with that issue!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
need to call your insurance company up and they will either require a loaner car from kia or provide you one thru them. either way you shouldnt be paying for it

·
Registered
109 Posts
need to call your insurance company up and they will either require a loaner car from kia or provide you one thru them. either way you shouldnt be paying for it
That is one option... but you want to be wary that the insurance company doesn't treat it as a claim... which may raise your premiums on next renewal

·
Registered
283 Posts
it can be a problem if is not the original dealer...but KIA support must know better

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello apecio,

Ezekiel from KIA customer service returned my call Thursday and stated the dealer had a loaner for me, Spectra.

Any news/updates on this 97supra?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice.... congrats! How is the car BTW... any updates on that?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey got a question for you. I have the same porblem, my oil is at the half point also, and I didn't check my radiator yet but I keep smelling radiator fluid whenever I drive it. Did u have the problem of smelling it also??? also my radiator fluid is like an inch past the hot line (when hot) and it looks clear not red..what gave it away you had a problem?? also what did u say to the dealer when you dropped it off??

·
Registered
533 Posts
You have red coolant?? It should be green as far as I know.... I've never seen a Hyundai/KIA with Dex-Cool only with your typical 50/50 green antifreeze... there might be the problem...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts