Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
+ nearly 200 for shipping... so almost 800. pls excuse my ignorance on the subject but what does a carbon fiber hood actually do? this is an honest question haha i know its lighter and stronger, but why would you want it?

·
Registered
587 Posts
IT would great on your ride Aidensgrand :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
mostly to lighten up your ride. my friend has a CF hood and CF Rear door on his hatchback ep3 and he mostly got it to lighten up his ride. also alot of ppl use it to style the car. i dont see any other reason for it. i like them though =D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Casco88;11971[B said:
]mostly to lighten up your ride. my friend has a CF hood and CF Rear door on his hatchback ep3 and he mostly got it to lighten up his ride.[/B] also alot of ppl use it to style the car. i dont see any other reason for it. i like them though =D
this SHOULD be the reason.. a good GF hood will weigh around 1/3 the stock hood .. maybe less.. every 100 lbs off the car is = to about .1 off your 1/4 and ever 10 lbs rotational mass is about the same

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this SHOULD be the reason.. a good GF hood will weigh around 1/3 the stock hood .. maybe less.. every 100 lbs off the car is = to about .1 off your 1/4 and ever 10 lbs rotational mass is about the same
Im like 4000 pounds with me in my car you think its cheaper to just go on a diet

·
Registered
708 Posts
i wonder what the curb weight difference is between the koup and sedan cuz i think the koup is 1200lbs or 1300. i cant remember. im 6'3" and weigh 215 so im nowhere even close to that much weight
the koup weighs 2750 or so

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3800 on the door it states unless im reading it wrong

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think someone on here actually weighed theirs, and 2.4 koup was ~2950, sedan version weighing 9lbs less per trim, with the 2.0 koup weighing 2750ish?
I'm gonna go weigh my race weight today hopefully, pending on what time I get done with my tint

I would really hope these cars dont weigh as much as a v8 mustang for christ's sake
3800 and I'm trading it in, theres not much hope to get some speed out of a 3800 pound 4 cylinder lol
weight reduction will only do so much, and then youll still have a 3500 pound 4 banger

EDIT: leftlanenews.com has the sedan lx manual trans curb weight at 2707
autos weigh about 30 lbs more, sx sedan weighs 2853 with manual trans, and the sx sedan with auto weighs 2868. It's been said the koups weigh 9lbs more than their sedan counterpart, so sx koup with a 6 speed weighs about 2877, without a payload.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im still fat thats not going to change :p turboooo with 9 psi 0-60 in 16.5 sec lol

·
Registered
453 Posts
i plan on getting the hood but gonna paint it to match. less weight on the car better for engine, gas mileage:) plus a part in fast a furious 5 doesnt sound cool to me. lol:D:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey everyone yes people get carbon fiber to shed weight off of the car and with the sticker saying 3800 that is with the weight of ur car plus 2 people in the front and 2 people in the rear the koup weighs a little bit more because even though its a 2 door the doors weight alot more and prob because of the way its made just puttin in my 2 sense lol hope i helped

1 - 20 of 28 Posts