Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to replace the drive belt on a 2010 kia forte ex 2.0l:mad: and was wondering if someone could get me a diagram of the belt routing as well as which of the small pulleys is the belt tensioner and if it would be easier for me to take the front passenger side wheel and wheel molding off to do this or if anyone knows where i can download a free repair manual that would be great too thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where at?

where would it be at? cause I registered there earlier today and that site is all jacked up they need to make it easier to find stuff on there with out having to dig for hours on end i even tried the search bar and couldnt find anything on drive or serpentine belt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really??

I cant believe that I am the ONLY PERSON who has had this issue:impatient:come on people!!!! i need help

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
He's looking to replace the drive belt, not the timing chain. I have to admit, I can't find it either on Kiatech. The belt routing is shown on a decal in the engine compartment and it should be just using a wrench to move the tensioner to remove tension on the belt. They are typically very easy, but I haven't done mine yet. I will in a couple more months, though.

I looked at the Timing Chain section and it does have this about the drive belt:

8.Remove the drive belt (A).

9.Remove the idler (A) and drive belt tensioner (B).

Tensioner pulley bolt is left - handed screw.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I knew that...he couldn't find it under drive or serpentine belt...it's shown in the heading under Timing chain removal....

·
Registered
60 Posts
FYI...it isn't easy. I just did mine on a 2.4 sx Better to have to have two people, one to hold the belt on the crank and AC unit pulleys ( with side panel removed from fender well. The new belts are kind of stiff and when you are working on the top routing it always wants to come off the bottom two pulleys mentioned above. Working by myself, I used some spring clamps to hold it in place on those two pulleys. It still was a bitch to get on trying to get enough swing on the tensioner and slipping the belt on it because you need to have the belt behind the wrench on the tensioner pulley which according to the instructions is the last pulley you slip it on. Don't even try one of the serpentine tools on the 2.4 motor the strut tower is about 1/2 inch away from the tensioner pulley nut and you cant get it in there along with the belt that you are trying to put on. Maybe you have more room on the smaller motor. Good Luck!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts