Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not completely sold on buying one of these but I am getting some rock chips that Im not happy with. Does anyone have some pics they can post and any thoughts/feedback on these? Or if you have any alternatives it would be appreciated. Thanks

Kia Forte/Forte Koup Hood Protector

·
Registered
436 Posts
4 clips hold the outboard sections to the hood, 4 screws w/expansion nuts go into existing holes and hold the center section. It's quite secure.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
About 2 weeks ago, I received a rock on my windshield and it cracked:(! I had it repaired and I can barely see it now. My stepdad told me to get a hood protector, as it will deviate most rocks with the way it changes aerodynamics. I don't particularly like the way it looks, but will get it if I need to.

Does a hood protector really help to avoid getting rocks in the windshield? What are the advantages compared to an invisible film?

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I Get My Koup I'm Going with the 3M Hood/Bumper/Mirror/Headlight Kit that Basically covers the whole front of the car with a nearly invisible film, not only to help protect it from Rocks, but also to help protect the paint from Love Bug damage. They are so acidic they eat right through the paint. We get them in swarms so bad a couple times a year I don't want my paint all pitted from them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you considering using a clear film protector? They offer the most protecting without the 80's styling of a bra.
Kia Forte EX & LX 2010 Clear Bra Cover for Bumper : eBay Motors (item 140392796723 end time Mar-27-10 18:07:22 PDT)
Just so you know, thats the cheap one. I went to a auto detailing place and asked if they do the "clear bra" installation, they said they did. I asked if I already purchased bra, how much would they charge to "install" it. He told me the price, then asked what kind I was using. I showed them that link (on their shop computer, was funny, had 3 guys standing around watching) and all the guys starting laughing. They said it will turn yellow in 1 yr and start to peel and crack after 2. He said MINIMUM you should spend is $150. Anything lower in price and its probably crap.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
hood protector is gonna do more to protecting the hood from rock chips not the windshield

1 - 15 of 15 Posts