Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone think it possible we will get a performance model? The design language is there and with the forte being the equivalent to a civic si I think it natural a performance model comes about. Why not stuff the hyundai N performance stuff in one? Possible to petition kia?

· Registered
2023 Forte GT 6spd
241 Posts
Here is the BIG question. Would you spend $36,000 for a Forte with all the Hyundai N parts. As much as I would love to have one I could never bring myself to spend that much. Tough call and I am sure Kia is wrestling with the thought. There might be a market for it but I would not make the jump as much as I like the idea.

· Registered
2022 gt2
1,022 Posts
If “Kia” makes a performance version then it will take sales away from Hyundai.. so I doubt it will happen. That’s why we are still putting around with a 1.6 while Hyundai is rocking a 2.0 in essentially the same cars.

Reactions: Rinzler

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yea in don't see why not the only reason it would take sales away is because to add the parts it would be cheaper the EN starts at 33k they wouldnt be able to go much over 30k for a forte with those parts. They take their own sales away by producing such ugly cars for the hyundai name plate they discontinued the veloster because they couldnt sell them. I'd get an elantra N and thought about a veloster N as much as I love the performance and those awesome seats the cars over all are hideous. The best looking N performance car is the i30n hatch wich we had here in the states as an elantra hatch but they got rid of it. The i30n hatch is gorgeous definitely the best looking N performance car of the bunch. They could bring that here and rebrand it as the new veloster n since they were both hatch backs. I'd love a real performance model for the forte the design language is there and so is the tech. I know they'd sell...

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know it is funny my GF and I ended up in a roll over accident on Christmas eve someone was driving like an A** hat lost control hit use and we ended up across the free way in a ditch. We're Okay before any one asks. When we were talking rentals through her insurance she said she had an elantra once and thought it was nice. Personally I could almost forgive the ugliness for the performance and those seats but it's the over all ugliness that keeps me from buying one feel like I'd get over it and love it for a week then want to get rid of it. I have a few gripes with the forte like the red interior buttons think the seltos cluster could be used here like it is in other countries definitely wish it had better ambient lighting and hate the connection between the taillights as well as the turn signals and reverse lights should be in the tails not the bumper. But over all I love the car would buy 10 of them you couldn't give be an elantra N and I'd keep it I'd drive that thing for a bit and sell it. Definitely want a performance trim if they'd bring the i30n hatch here I'd scoop one up with the quickness.

· Registered
2019 Kia Cerato/Forte GT Hatch
163 Posts
Yeah i'm not sure there's enough of a market to make it worthwhile for kia to bother. In Hyundai's case they're able to split the engineering costs across multiple platforms. If there was say a GT Z version of the forte with the 2ltr/8-speed dct/bigger brakes etc that cost another 6-9k over the price of the regular GT, I doubt i'd have ticked that box at the time that I purchased my GT. These days, if I was looking to purchase something sport-ish it might be different, but not different enough for me to consider trading my GT in for an I30N

Looks are subjective - I personally quite like the look of the Elantra N, it's completely different to everything else on the road. There's elements of the Forte hatch's styling and proportions that don't entirely mesh for me. Also kia's factory wheel choice for the GT makes my brain hurt (straight-spoked flat-faced wheels on a car with zero straight lines?)

· Registered
2023 Forte GT Manual Sporty Blue
344 Posts
Also kia's factory wheel choice for the GT makes my brain hurt (straight-spoked flat-faced wheels on a car with zero straight lines?)
I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s not a fan of the factory GT wheels. They’re not the worst wheels by any stretch but they’re way too busy for me. I do like the red “gear” in the center though ;)

· Registered
2022 gt2
1,022 Posts
Take your 2019+ GT forte and dump a measly $1000 into it and you now are keeping up with the new GTI... dump 3k into it and you murder the GTI. Of course all German car owners will shove their fingers in their ears and scream.... they don’t handle things like that too well. My point is why spend a ton more for a factory performance when you can build it yourself for a fraction? Honestly the last thing I want is fortes everywhere.. I like being off the radar.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The market is definitely there even though you say you like it the EN is ugly that's the reason they stopped selling the veloster. The i30n hatch is gorgeous but they only give it to certain parts of the world wich is a travesty. Then we go to the Honda civic in sedan form outside of wishing the infotainment had the buttons on the bottom its a great looking car especially in sedan form but the type r went from like 35k to 43k msrp they only offer the type r in the hatch and only a manual never mind these dealer markups. You've got the elantra N coming in 10k cheaper and it's already on the level of a gti club sport or tcr wich we don't get here in the America's those are also essentially golf r prices as well.. so theirs definitely a market for a good looking well put together sport sedan. The gt is the sport-ish trim I don't think 30-33k for one would be bad especially with the warranty.

· Registered
2023 Forte GT 6spd
241 Posts
I am still having sticker shock at the price of vehicles these days. Can't believe people are actually paying $40,000 for some of these compact cars.

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
I am still having sticker shock at the price of vehicles these days. Can't believe people are actually paying $40,000 for some of these compact cars.
Average new car price in the US is almost $50k. Insanity.

Reactions: Intruder
1 - 14 of 14 Posts