Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas we have a local dyno comp this weekend so i thought for a laugh i would put my car on the dyno.
Its stock other then rear muffler removed it made 129.7 hp at the tires which so far im in lead for the na 4 cylinder class but will see what goes on tomorrow
now ive got the power bug i will be getting a
full exhaust
extractors
highflow cat
k&n high flow panel filter ordered
and a custom cai
at the moment i have a tuner working out if the computer can be reprogramed
then will be dynoed to see what kind of power it will make then
progress will be slow for awhile as i have another car i have to finish
but i have a air filter to drop in when i pick it up next weekend as i am still at work
any way heres a pic of the car on the dyno

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
hey fellas we have a local dyno comp this weekend so i thought for a laugh i would put my car on the dyno.
Its stock other then rear muffler removed it made 129.7 hp at the tires which so far im in lead for the na 4 cylinder class but will see what goes on tomorrow
full exhaust
extractors
highflow cat
and a custom cai
but i have a air filter to drop in when i pick it up next weekend as i am still at work
NIIIICE I'm hoping I'll be getting 145+ when its time for dyno day over here, thats if I can't get anything else done on the car by then (I hope I get a little more done by then though)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
manual i was only expecting about 110 maybe less so im pretty happy but it i still need to modify it i didnt win the comp either a toyota corolla won it with 170 hp out of a 1.8 motor and the only mod was a cai wtf

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Corolla 1.8L is only rated at 132HP (at the crank), the optional 2.4L is rated at 154HP(at the crank) so either that Dyno was whacked out on that run or he has quite a bit of work done, those are the only options as to why his numbers were so high.

·
Registered
973 Posts
manual i was only expecting about 110 maybe less so im pretty happy but it i still need to modify it i didnt win the comp either a toyota corolla won it with 170 hp out of a 1.8 motor and the only mod was a cai wtf
stock 1zz corolla runs about 113whp, theres no way he ran 170 with just a cai

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
full exhaust
extractors
highflow cat
and a custom cai
You won't need the K&N panel filter if you are going CAI since the CAI bypasses the stock airbox where the panel filter resides.

Just noticed someone dug up an old thread...

·
Registered
284 Posts
03 matrix and roll'a and vibe were rated at 180hp xrs

no where near 170 at the wheels even with exhuast and intake, but still a very nice fast car and it had LIFT (vtech).

One of the few engines that made 100hp/l (some hond made as well).

needed premium fuel high compression, later XRS models were de tuned by ecu flashes due to emissions and sound.

i wanted a matrix for quite some time.

·
Registered
973 Posts
oooooh so it was a 2zz (xrs motor)
and by LIFT you mean vvt-iL, right?
variable valve timing with intelligence and lift
toyota owners would be bummed if they knew you called vvt-iL "vtec" lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts