Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The sub-$20,000.00 2010 Kia Forte Koup has made quite the splash amongst the younger demographics with its attractive price tag and 2.4L 173-hp engine. Its attractive, stylish yet aggressive lines clearly make a statement that Kia has stepped up to the plate to play ball, capturing a market that used to be almost exclusive to Honda, Acura and Scion. But much like their Japanese counterparts, Kia has looked towards marketing with customization and personalization, especially with the hip Forte Koup. The result? The Kia Forte Koup SX-R with a fine collection of accessories that have Forte Koup SX owners going wild for. The major disappointment for those in the US? It's currently only available in Canada.

The buzz was started with the official debut at the Toronto Auto Show and a little less than a month later the orders are coming in. The Forte Koup SX-R will be made available to Canadian Kia dealers by mid-May with pre-orders starting now. The aesthetics of the Forte Koup has been further complemented with a front chin spoilers, new side skirts, and a rear lip spoiler. Minor details on the outside come in the form of chrome "R" badges while the interior receives “R” branded door sills. Engine performance has been enhanced thanks to an AEM Performance drop-in air filter and performance axle-back exhaust system. The car rides lower and stiffer thanks to a set of Eibach Pro lowering springs (1.3-inch drop) and a front upper strut brace. No custom car is complete without a fine set of wheels and tires and Kia delivers in a big way with a set of 18-inch Europa wheels wrapped with, surprisingly, Yokohama S-Drive performance tires. The Kia Forte Koup SX-R is available in three attractive colors: Titanium Silver, Racing Red and Black.

Now all these accessories will be available for order through Canadian Kia dealerships only for those already cruising around in Forte Koup SX. American enthusiasts will probably have to open up their wallet a little bit for freight across the border, but we anticipate many of them to be willing to do so. If you're interested, contact any Canadian Kia dealership and reference accessory bulletin AY10 007. It's exciting times for Kia owners and we can't wait to see what's next from the Korean manufacturer.

More: Kia Forte Koup SX-R to Test Canadian Market First on AutoGuide.com

Credit to ForteForums for the find!

·
Registered
51 Posts
dang. this makes me regret buying an ex instead of an sx. gah

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,836 Posts
Canadian dealers post up the SXR parts and prices -- let's get a price war going! LOL!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I like a lot of the stuff the SX-R has.

I will be buying the front chin spoiler for sure! I love that lip :cool:
It just sets off the car perfect.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would love to install all the parts for the SX-R right now on my ride, but that is not reality. However I am interested to see how the lower stance, along with the chin spoiler do in the current road conditions here in the GTA.

But damm it looks great!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would love to install all the parts for the SX-R right now on my ride, but that is not reality. However I am interested to see how the lower stance, along with the chin spoiler do in the current road conditions here in the GTA.

But damm it looks great!
You guys have great roads compared to us! I simply cannot imagine a stiffer ride on Quebec roads. The SX's sport suspension is stiff enough for me!

I do agree with you - It really looks great :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Puerto Rico roads, well very bad, but I hope I can get all the parts to make mine an SX-R cause I sure love the attitude added with the new skirts, chin and spoilers. I am not sure about lowering it, here in PR, the SX lowering is more than enough for the bad roads.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,836 Posts
So how come none of our Canadian Koup owners have called their dealer's parts departments and posted what they found out about the SXR parts here on FF.com?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
This article is missing an important factor now with all these aem parts install what would be the whp rating? Also side note i want them rims i wonder how much they would go for at the dealer any one have an idea

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys I emailed my dealer's parts department here in Calgary and here's what he said:

"The body kits should available to us in June/ July. I believe they will be available in differnent packages or can be sold individualy. Unfortunately i am unable to get you a price right now, as Kia is still putting packages together. I will e-mail you as soon as I get a price list."

·
Registered
746 Posts
This article is missing an important factor now with all these aem parts install what would be the whp rating? Also side note i want them rims i wonder how much they would go for at the dealer any one have an idea
Crock, all them aem parts are, drop in filter & axle back muffler. Some new cars respond very well to drop in filters...KIA's ECU has tight hold. We'll have to see if anyone dynos before & after.

As for the rims there Fastco Europas. KIA's price is usually better than Fastco's posted price.

Here is how much the Europas weight:
17”= 20.2lbs
18x8= 23.1lbs
18x9= 26.3lbs

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
^only the drop in filter is from aem.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
koup sxr, do you know where the axle bak is from?
Vibrant Performance.

I've had great experiences with their products in the past and the quality is superb.

This axle back is definitely on the 'to do' list. ...and did I mention how sweet this Koup sounds with this exhaust?
I can't get it out of my head....

·
Registered
746 Posts
Interesting. The KIA SEMA lambo green Koup had a cat back from Magnaflow.

Any idea why KIA Canada wouldn't do a cat back from Vibrant?

·
Premium Member
656 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
So what's the deal with the SX-R? I haven't seen it on the major .ca sites yet. Someone have a link to a dealer selling them?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok, I have read some about this, it is set to be released in mid-may. The question I have, so I will be able to upgrade my SX to SX-R?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts