Kia Forte Forum banner

Vote now for the August Forte Sedan of the Month!

• bmcerato

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Joechicklets

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • the67beast

Votes: 18 72.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the Kia Forte of the Month: Sedan Edition thread for the month of August!

The contest will work like this:

Today - August 25 will be open for submissions. Post your pictures in this thread of your own car only.

From August 25 to August 31st a poll with chosen entered submissions will be added and all members are asked to vote on their favorite Forte SEDAN. The person with the most votes at the end of the month will then be the winner for the August!!

Month of September - the August car of the month will be featured on the homepage of ForteForums.com ! Along with the KOUP of the Month

If you have won in the previous 3 months, feel free to post your car again but you will be ineligible to win again.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Really hoping to get in it this month. Time to win it for my birthday. Got to get a few things done first...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I shall get in first but will be updating it with some extra images in a couple of weeks as I am painting a few bits under the hood and redoing the ipod cover to tidy it up but here goes...you have probably seen these ones in my pictures post. :)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I say if there isn't another entry, which would be redic, the 2 classes should be combined and should do it just like we started. Now with that being said, it will be pretty weak if nobody else enters their car lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have one or two more things I want to do to my car then I think it'll be good to go to enter. I should make it just in time.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Not much competition this month and I don't have a nice camera like bmcerato does (droid phone FTW) but I'll throw in my entry.

List of mods:
35watt 6k DDM Tuning HIDs (will add a crappy picture of them when I can)
Mud flaps
Front lip
Painted the grill cover from chrome to black
K-Badges
De-badged the rear, relocated the SX to front grill
Just got a rear wing put on a few hours ago
Carbon Fiber shift knob
20% tints all around and 5% on the sunroof

I think that's every thing. I was looking to get a CAI soon but that may have to wait because of recent expenses. Hope to get the Konig Illusion rims within the next few months as well. Not really sure what to do next.. any suggestions?

Oh and it's not here yet but I ordered all black license plate frames and a Mighty Mugg of Storm Shadow(from G.I Joe) to put in the window :p
I want to move the front license plate to bottom grill but the dealer put like 4 big holes in the front when they put in the plates -_-

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
67 Beast's Black SX Sedan

Well here is my entry.. I was going to take new photos today after I washed her, however mother nature isnt playing well today and its been raining all morning.

2010 Black on Black Kia Forte SX Sedan.
6sp MT 2.4l
• Turbokits CAI
• Eibach Lower Springs
• DDM Tuning 6000K HIDS
• Re Badged w/ K badges (front, back & steering wheel)
• V-LEDS.com 1157 6000K Switchback AW LED Turns
• Visual Garage Sharkfin Mark II Antenna
• 35% Tint (all windows)
• Hidden iPod so its always connected and out of site.
• LED replacement (Map Lights, Dome, Trunk, License Plate, Reverse Lights, Mirror Turn Signals)
• LED Brake Lights
• Chrome Mirror Control Ring
• Mud Guards
• System Upgrade Type C Shift Knob w/ custom Phillies logo
• Trunk Lip Spoiler (From Korean Auto Parts)
• Pinstripe Grill Accent
• Interior Footwell & Console lights
• Cup Holder LED Mod

Check out the photos & videos below and let me know if you have any questions... good luck to everyone

Side Profile Lowered..

Front Profile Lowered (Eibach PRO KIT), K Badges, & Grill Pinstripe

3/4ths Shots... Sharkfin .. K Badges... Lowered.... Trunk Lip spolier

Debadged FORTE & SX, replaced with Body color matching SX (DAMN LOOK AT THAT SHINE)

Turbokits.com's CAI & Painted Engine Cover (i know its dusty, it was cleaned after the fact..lol)

Interior Footwell LEDS & Cup Holder LEDs / Overhead LED MAP & DOME Replaced

System Upgrade Type C Shift Knob w/ Custom Phillies Decal

DDM TUNING 6000K 35w HIDs w/ V-LEDS.com's 1157 6000K Switchback AW LED Turns

HIDS / TURNS VIDEO - CLICK TO WATCH

TURNS UPCLOSE VIDEO - CLICK TO WATCH

And there you have it...

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Good stuff Beast. How do you turn on and off your red LED's in the footwells? Or do they always stay on?
I put them on a switch and mounted it next to my traction control button since I had 2 empty switches there.

The footwell, cup holders and rear seat foot area are all on 1 switch.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Nice, do you have a DIY I can search for? There's a few already but none that involve a switch which I want.
the wiring process is here...

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/koup-audio-video-electronics/1706-lighting-everyone-3.html (Page 3 at the bottom)..

I didnt do a DIY for the switch, but if you go to Wallyworld(Walmart)/Autozone etc and just get a 3 prong rocker, that will work.

It has 3 prongs - 1 from the battery, 1 to the LEDs + and 1 to the ground / earth / -

I ran two main wires in a T shape in the car, 1 up the center console and 1 across the car under the dash and used those to tap into from the LEDs.

If you concerned with the switch and wiring you could always save yourself some trouble and pick up a LED kit like this...

For $50 its worth it. and you get everything you need...

Million Color LEDGlow 6pc Wireless LED Flexible Interior LED Lights Neon Lighting Kit

When I added my cup holder lights, I made a mess of my wiring under the center console, so I may go back just update the whole thing with his set up and just add the LEDs for the cup holders to the wiring.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well here is my entry.. I was going to take new photos today after I washed her, however mother nature isnt playing well today and its been raining all morning.

2010 Black on Black Kia Forte SX Sedan.
6sp MT 2.4l
• Turbokits CAI
• Eibach Lower Springs
• DDM Tuning 6000K HIDS
• Re Badged w/ K badges (front, back & steering wheel)
• V-LEDS.com 1157 6000K Switchback AW LED Turns
• Visual Garage Sharkfin Mark II Antenna
• 35% Tint (all windows)
• Hidden iPod so its always connected and out of site.
• LED replacement (Map Lights, Dome, Trunk, License Plate, Reverse Lights, Mirror Turn Signals)
• LED Brake Lights
• Chrome Mirror Control Ring
• Mud Guards
• System Upgrade Type C Shift Knob w/ custom Phillies logo
• Trunk Lip Spoiler (From Korean Auto Parts)
• Pinstripe Grill Accent
• Interior Footwell & Console lights
• Cup Holder LED Mod

Check out the photos & videos below and let me know if you have any questions... good luck to everyone

Side Profile Lowered..

Front Profile Lowered (Eibach PRO KIT), K Badges, & Grill Pinstripe

3/4ths Shots... Sharkfin .. K Badges... Lowered.... Trunk Lip spolier

Debadged FORTE & SX, replaced with Body color matching SX (DAMN LOOK AT THAT SHINE)

Turbokits.com's CAI & Painted Engine Cover (i know its dusty, it was cleaned after the fact..lol)

Interior Footwell LEDS & Cup Holder LEDs / Overhead LED MAP & DOME Replaced

System Upgrade Type C Shift Knob w/ Custom Phillies Decal

DDM TUNING 6000K 35w HIDs w/ V-LEDS.com's 1157 6000K Switchback AW LED Turns

HIDS / TURNS VIDEO - CLICK TO WATCH

TURNS UPCLOSE VIDEO - CLICK TO WATCH

And there you have it...
:) I felt a tingle in my pants.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts