Kia Forte Forum banner

Who would you like to see win the January Kia Forte of the Month?

• longbow

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Blkoup

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • soar4fun

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • mm3snipe

Votes: 1 5.9%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the Kia Forte of the Month thread for the month of January.

The contest will work like this:

January 1st - January 23rd will be open for submissions. Post your pictures in this thread of your own car only.

From January 23rd to January 31st a poll with chosen entered submissions will be added and all members are asked to vote on their favorite Forte. The person with the most votes at the end of the month will then be the winner for the January!!

Month of February - the January car of the month will be featured on the homepage of ForteForums.com

If you have won in the previous 3 months, feel free to post your car again but you will be ineligible to win again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
no shizzle!! that one is gonna be tough to beat. i really...really want you to take some better photos, PLEASE!! the photos are cool, i just wanna see that car to its full potential. holla

·
Registered
228 Posts
I wish we actually had a Koup and Sedan award.

Why?

It's because I like the KDM sedan and this is why I hesitated to consider entering January's FOTM.

I received some serious (and I mean serious) nudging from a number of you this month.

One of you reminded me that the contest is based on numerous criteria vs. just one item. Things such as looks, electronics, power, and contribution to the community are all considered as part of a FOTM submission.

In the end, I agreed to submit Roxy for consideration!!

I'm setting up a cardomain site to support my run. I also plan to put up some new pictures shortly showcasing my newest MODS which include:

*New "Running Lamp" look up front
*New rear tail-lamp wiring conversion that streamlines rear lighting
*Interior LED conversion

Thanks in advance for the consideration!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Longbow : wow , list of mods or link to cardomain or such website , please , please !
How can we vote this car as FOTM if you bought it as shown from the factory ? How about listing your modifications and some better photos . Is it a Forte ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
At first thought i tend to agree with Soar4fun , separate Koup and Sedan awards make sense . They really , truly are the same car are they not ? Same wheelbase , drive train , brakes , suspension , interior & some body panels . World wide is it not the sedan that is more often rally and track raced , i'm thinking here of the STI and Evo but i don't think 2 door versions of those cars are even available in any world market .
The sedan will probably outsell the koup 10 or 20 to 1 in most markets and if owners of both versions join enthusiast websites at the same rate koup owners might find themselves a small minority in sites dedicated to both body styles . A dual award or recognition might prevent a splitting of the community where the two body styles gravitate to separate sites . I think we should do whatever we can to prevent that from happening !

·
Registered
696 Posts
How can we vote this car as FOTM if you bought it as shown from the factory ? How about listing your modifications and some better photos . Is it a Forte ?
It looks a little to much like a Corolla S in my opinion. Even if it is a Forte, it doesn't really look like one anymore...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Check out my Forte Koup SX........I like to call her "Stella"

Stella
Thank you for checking out my new ride! I would love some feedback.

Modifications
  • 5 % tint all the way around
  • Removed "KIA" emblems and replaced with "K" emblems
  • Removed "Forte" and "Koup" badges
  • Removed silver spoke caps from rims
  • replaced tweeters and hooked up bass tube

·
Registered
228 Posts
Roxy: My Racing Red Performance Koup

Here is my ride...ROXY
Please let me know what you think!

Lighting DRL Mod shared with Tribe:

At Road Race helping vendors test fit for the Tribe (Pulley, Exhaust & Cat Delete and CF Splitter)

Dyno Runs! From 165bhp to 182bhp (151WHP) on Automatic!!

Closeup of Intake and Exhaust

Close up of RED CF Center Caps!

Rear View

List of Mods:
>>Custom Intake from Spectre Modular Intake Systems
>>ECU Relocation kit
>>RRM Lightened Crank Pulley
>>RRM 2nd Cat Delete kit
>>Hanson DynoMax Hemi Exhaust system (Cat Back)
>>RoadRun Front Grill / Rear Emblem
>>Complete Debadge
>>3-way LED mirror covers(Black)
>>DRL lighting mod to run Fogs without head/parking lamps
>>Vinyl Roof (Black Matte)
>>Tomato-T Steering wheel Emblem
>>Gen-Coupe "Coupe" Carbon Fiber center caps fit to stock wheels
>>LED License Plate Lamps
>>LED Interior Lighting including backseats and trunk lamp)
>>Custom Katzkins leather Heated Seats x 4(Black w/ RR stitched seats)
>>MTX Thunderlink powered sub
>>iPod Cable​

>>UPDATE:

New Mod has arrived
As of 01-19-2010 @ 5pm pst I now have the Bright Lip Spoiler in Racing Red! (See my other post for details and pics)​

New Vendor Trip - AEM CAI and Exhaust System update. AEM has contacted me and I should be dropping the car off for development of the new AEM CAI and Exhaust system in the next week and a half. (See my other post for details and pics)

·
Registered
123 Posts
well ,I don't think that there is any argument about it , You got my vote bud :D, the car looks real tight , one of a kind for sure , however , you gonna have to hide that fugly :eek: antenna base , even though you removed the antenna part ,it looks incomplete , you know wanna mean?????
Anyhow , good job man :) , next , let see what AEM has in store for us.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Blkoup has given me an idea. Maybe I'll just remove the silver inserts and have the wheels powdercoated silver. They're pretty nice looking without the inserts. Thanks, Blkoup!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Dark Cherry Sedan

Here is my Sedan, I know it is not as cool as the above car but it is my pride and joy, if oyu have any input as to what else I can do please let me know, to the above gentleman, where did you get the intake kit, that is sooooooooooo cool. Thanks Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
the only problem I see, Soar4fun, is that you have no cold air going to the intake. You put it in the same area as the oem and now is only getting hot air from the engine, since you removed the that air dam. I'll wait for AEM to come out with something.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The poll has been added! Please vote for your favorite Forte for the month of January. Voting will close on Jan. 31st and the member with the most votes will be awarded Kia Forte of the Month for January. (In the case of a tie our staff will be the tiebreaker vote)

·
Registered
59 Posts
the only problem I see, Soar4fun, is that you have no cold air going to the intake. You put it in the same area as the oem and now is only getting hot air from the engine, since you removed the that air dam. I'll wait for AEM to come out with something.

Did you see the thread where he put it on the dyno? Lots of discussion about all the options.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts