Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 Kia Forte SX(6000 miles), and when driving in say snow or something casuses the car to think that there is a traction problem when braking, the ABS breaks kick in. The weird thing is, when the ABS brakes start, the headlights flicker as if the engine is losing power or something. Have you guys had this problem?

·
Registered
316 Posts
+1 on checking the terminals and making sure everything is fine. Besides that your battery may not be holding a charge that well due to the cold temps.

Maybe get your battery/alternator tested to be sure they're both in good shape.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I belive this is normal as the abs takes alot of electrical power to operate. However with that said, I may be wrong and it would be a good idea to take the car to your dealer and have them check it. My 03' grand cherokee also lights dim and heater slows when the abs is on, and that is normal for a Jeep so......

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
hmm.. my car does not do that when abs comes on.
Makes some god awful sounds thou.
I'm going to agree you should have them check this out at your dealer;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
hmm.. my car does not do that when abs comes on.
Makes some god awful sounds thou.
I'm going to agree you should have them check this out at your dealer;)
I'm going to check this out tonite after work. I should be able to activate the ABS at least a dozen times before I get home. Really going to be hard to tell other than if someone is watching the headlights from the street as I doubt i'll be able to tell while driving but I'll see. ;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
For me, the flicker happens only when the traction control triggers very rapid ABS where you can't hear the separation between clicks, rather than during a "normal" ABS where you do hear the separation between each click

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me, the flicker happens only when the traction control triggers very rapid ABS where you can't hear the separation between clicks, rather than during a "normal" ABS where you do hear the separation between each click

Is that flicker supposed to be normal. I mean the flickering has been happening with snow on the road, and of course I only notced it at night or early morning hours when I could actually see the headlights while driving. I don't think my old 2002 toyota solara did this, but of course it might not have had traction control. I can check the battery connections as suggested.

I do have an appointment set for friday. Should I take the car in or is this normal for the car?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts