Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 Kia Forte SX(6000 miles), and when driving in say snow or something casuses the car to think that there is a traction problem when braking, the ABS breaks kick in. The weird thing is, when the ABS brakes start, the headlights flicker as if the engine is losing power or something. Have you guys had this problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me, the flicker happens only when the traction control triggers very rapid ABS where you can't hear the separation between clicks, rather than during a "normal" ABS where you do hear the separation between each click

Is that flicker supposed to be normal. I mean the flickering has been happening with snow on the road, and of course I only notced it at night or early morning hours when I could actually see the headlights while driving. I don't think my old 2002 toyota solara did this, but of course it might not have had traction control. I can check the battery connections as suggested.

I do have an appointment set for friday. Should I take the car in or is this normal for the car?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.