Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downsized to 205/55/R16's on my SX

Got the rims cheap, tires are michelin x-ice. Rims are from a 1993 Ford Probe GT.

Rims & Rubber are both directional (rims have fins on them)

Just a FYI to everyone who plans on buying aftermarket rims, be sure to check the inner space of the rim not just the bolt pattern+centre bore.
I previously had 1997 Eagle Talon Rims that did bolt up, but just barely scraped/touched my front brake calipers. Kia site states front disc size of 11.8'' add in the caliper and your at-around 12.5'' or so (I didn't measure). The ford probes inner rim size is 14.5'' at the smallest (which is where the hub assembly would bolt up to) I believe this is called offset.

tl;dr. Double check everything before you buy aftermarket rims, best idea is to test fit the rim on your car if you can, unless the seller can guarantee fitment.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great call on the X-Ice's, those are said to be one of the best winter tires in the world.

I took a similar route, with 16's, but went a little cheaper and got Falken Espia EPZ's (Q speed rating and extra squirmy). Being my first ever winter tires, I was amazed at the great traction they provide in slush and snow. I'm actually looking forward to trying them in the freezing rain that's supposed to be coming.

If you think of it, let us know if you find some conditions that can actually stop your new wheels:)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I downsized to 205/55/R16's on my SX

Got the rims cheap, tires are michelin x-ice. Rims are from a 1993 Ford Probe GT.

Rims & Rubber are both directional (rims have fins on them)

Just a FYI to everyone who plans on buying aftermarket rims, be sure to check the inner space of the rim not just the bolt pattern+centre bore.
I previously had 1997 Eagle Talon Rims that did bolt up, but just barely scraped/touched my front brake calipers. Kia site states front disc size of 11.8'' add in the caliper and your at-around 12.5'' or so (I didn't measure). The ford probes inner rim size is 14.5'' at the smallest (which is where the hub assembly would bolt up to) I believe this is called offset.

tl;dr. Double check everything before you buy aftermarket rims, best idea is to test fit the rim on your car if you can, unless the seller can guarantee fitment.

Thanks Forte333..........that is greatly great information!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.