Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Vendor
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Kia Forte Front and Rear Turn Signal LEDs

The 1157 Dual-Color 60-1210 SMD is a direct replacement for any 1157-size front turn signal bulb. This is a unique, specialty item. When on as normal, with parking lights, it shines a nice, pure white color, and when you activate the turn signals, it flashes an amber color. Two colors, for an awesome lighting effect!

Since our introduction of this item in 2010, we have sold over 200 bulbs to Forte and Koup owners! Rest assured, this is a great mod that will work perfectly in your vehicle.

This bulb has 60 1210-size SMDs. It uses an 1157-size metal terminal and will fit as a replacement for stock halogen. It uses less power and heat than halogen bulbs, and will last longer, with its engineered heat-sinking technology. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LED from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LED from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Resistor Option: Some vehicles may have fast-blinking issues when LED bulbs are installed as turn signal replacements. We offer resistors to remedy this issue for a nominal charge. As an alternative to resistors, in some vehicles, you can fix the hyperblinking by replacing the Flasher Module. Since this is a plug-and-play fix, we recommend it whenever possible. The CF13 flasher module is the size needed in the Kia Forte and Koup.

We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. And we do not raise prices to astronomical levels- We're breaking that market trend, and offering you great, low prices, every day. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a 3-year limited warranty.

This is the new for-sale thread. For feedback and reviews, please find the old thread here.

2010-2013 Front Turn Signal LEDs

2010-2013 Rear Turn Signal LEDs

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected]

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

Customer Submitted Reviews:

"I purchased these LED switchbacks and they have been delivered vary fast. Install took about 5 minutes, very simple to install and the effect is amazing. Best site to shop for modding your car!" (Posted on October 7, 2013) -Marian

"Got these when I had my Kia Forte Koup and they worked flawlessly. Plenty bright in the daylight for both the white and orange light. Definitely would recommend." (Posted on July 12, 2013) -RMB

"I purchased the LED switchbacks and they were delivered to my door within the same week! I installed them the second they arrived, and only 5 minutes later they were installed! very affordable mod, with excellent outcome! Thanks Diode!" (Posted on September 6, 2012) -Justin

"Now that I have installed these bulbs my car is complete. Crisp and clean and the exact brightness I was looking for with the stage 1. Quick and easy to install the flasher under the dash." (Posted on October 26, 2013) - Mark

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yup, they do. I have them in my 2010 Koup.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Great thanks, now I have another question. Do this switch backs come with the resistor mod already done or do the purchaser (me) has to do it, meaning put the resistor in the unit, because if that's the case then maybe I'm better of with the module.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have 4300k HID from DD, I don't think you guys have a color to quite match that. Would
the switch backs look kinda tacky or dumb with 4300k HIDs since the switchbacks more so match the 6000k colored HIDs? Anyone's opinion would be nice, thanks!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Vendor
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It wouldn't look tacky, it'd look like any other newer car which uses LED DRLs. If you look, Audis and such use an LED strip that doesn't match the HIDs either, since OEM HIDs are 4300K. You'd just look like it came that way from the factory.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've had my switchbacks for a few weeks and they are really cool. I liked them so much I've ordered and received the back up LEDs, rear turn signal LEDs, and the stage 3 LED Kit. I love them all. Great products, great customer service, and a pleasure to do business with!

·
Registered
427 Posts
It wouldn't look tacky, it'd look like any other newer car which uses LED DRLs. If you look, Audis and such use an LED strip that doesn't match the HIDs either, since OEM HIDs are 4300K. You'd just look like it came that way from the factory.
Thanks..I think I'll purchase some and try them out then

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I'm already budgeting for those LED/SMD strips. :D

·
Vendor
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whenever you are changing LEDs hyperblinking will occur. There are two remedies: CF13 or a resistor. The flasher module is something very easy to use. There is a small black box by the brake pedal that you would pull out and replace with the new one; it is the actual device that makes the clicking noise. It's as simple as pulling in an appliance. However, some model's flasher modules are bolted into place making the irreplaceable if that is the case in your car you would need to purchase the resistors and that involves two wire splices. Ether option can be used for your vehicle.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love the switchbacks!!!!

edit: on a side note, what temp should we run on the HID to closely match the white on the switchbacks? 6000k? I think I read that somewhere. I just installed the 4300K and although I love them, they don't match the switchbacks....so in case I feel like changing I would like to know.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
This is my next buy! cannot wait to get them!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts