Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally figured out how to get on the website..It was a problem with Firefox apparently. I have to use IE which I hate but whatever...

Anyway I been checking out the site....I see quite a few "SERVICE BULLETINS" listed for the Forte Sedan and was wondering exactly what are they? Are they something like a recall, or are they things to be aware of an if your experiencing problems associated with that bulletin then you should call and have it checked out??? It also mentions in the Service Bulletins if they are for cars made by a certain date. Whereabout do I go to find out the actual manufacturing date of my car?

Also beside routine servicing required at certain mileage milestones, are we supposed to have our cars inspected or serviced annually? Kinda like a checkup??? I heard someone at work say that they had to do that with their Sorrento but I am not sure how true that is. They deal with a different dealership. I just don't remember my Salesperson telling me this.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I believe the service bulletins are mainly to educate the kia service workers of known issues. When someone comes in for warranty service it'll assist with diagnosing the problem.

I think the manufacture date is listed someone on the drivers side door jamb.

I've never heard of an annual vehicle checkup. You should be fine with having the usuals looked at during your periodic oil changes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
What a rip-off...

So a friend just bought a used Soul and he contacted a dealer about service and warranty coverage and they pointed him to this website:

http://casis.kia.ca/

Look familiar??? $150 Canadian for 90 days access???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts