Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the iPod cable, and yes I know it says 'iPod' cable, but just to let you know it's not iPhone friendly, and will want to put your iPhone in airplane mode, which will stop you from receiving phone calls, etc.

A little disappointed, but I'll return the cable.

An iPhone cable is on my wish list Kia.

·
Registered
320 Posts
When the pop up comes up, click no to airplane mode. Cable works fine.

I have a Sony alarm clock that does the same thing...click no and it will play music, charge and receive calls like normal. This is pretty common. The only time you don't the error message is when Apple approves the device you're connected to as a certified by Apple device.

·
Registered
320 Posts
By the way, the iPod cable works great with my 3G and my wifes 3GS iPhone...I'll test the new model when it drops this summer...hopefully!

·
Registered
78 Posts
also in about 2months you should recieve another brand new cable sent in the mail to your house from KIA:D So keep your receipt if you still have it otherwise you could sell the new one like I did or have a spare incase something happens to the other one...but yeah KIA sends out a gift after 2 months buying the car which is sweet. Mine works fine as well with my iPhone

·
Registered
211 Posts
A free cable is not something that everyone gets. I certainly haven't heard that anyone in Canada got one. All I got was the VIP program offer and coupon book.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A free cable is not something that everyone gets. I certainly haven't heard that anyone in Canada got one. All I got was the VIP program offer and coupon book.
No free stuff for me. I bought my cable on eBay for $16 and thought that it was a knock off that didn't charge my iPhone but I'll try just clicking no and see if it works properly.

Ivan, what is the VIP program and what book of coupons did London Kia give you? I've gotten squat from them!

·
Registered
78 Posts
hrmmmm....Guess no free iPod for Canada....call KIA and ask how come USA gets the free cable....I believe there is a thread on here about the free ipod cable a lot of US Forte owners got one shipped to their home including me around 2months after:confused:.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ya my $16 knock off cable works fine. It charges my iPhone 3Gs and allows me to control everything through the head unit and steering wheel controls! The phone works like normal through Bluetooth also. Just say "No" to the question that pops up about switching to Airplane Mode.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You actually do not even have to click no when the dialogue pops up. If you just let it be your music will start playing right away and the airplane mode pop-up will go away after about 15 seconds.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I just got my Ipod cable and it works perfectly but does anyone know how to use other apps through it such as pandora? When i put my empty Iphone in the cable, it says empty ipod and i start up pandora but nothing comes out of the speakers! anyone know how to do this if its even possible? cuz i was rly banking on this cable to work for pandora :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just got my Ipod cable and it works perfectly but does anyone know how to use other apps through it such as pandora? When i put my empty Iphone in the cable, it says empty ipod and i start up pandora but nothing comes out of the speakers! anyone know how to do this if its even possible? cuz i was rly banking on this cable to work for pandora :(
Don't think it will work right now...wait for OS 4.0 that allows background apps...or jailbreak your iphone.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did get the cable from Kia, but when I hook up my iPhone, it tells me the iPod is empty and I can't play my music. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up the iPod cable, and yes I know it says 'iPod' cable, but just to let you know it's not iPhone friendly, and will want to put your iPhone in airplane mode, which will stop you from receiving phone calls, etc.

A little disappointed, but I'll return the cable.

An iPhone cable is on my wish list Kia.
Why don't you just connect your phone via Bluetooth?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts