Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this today & it looks awesome ... Has Kia announced any information on a Cabriolet?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'd have to see it with the roof up before i committed to really liking it . The PT Cruiser vert looks good with the roof down but a little wierd with it up .

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thankfully I don't believe there is enough of a five door market in North America for Kia to have a Forte wagon. The Rio and Soul fill the role depending on your tastes. I would hope that would be a European market ONLY... please God please... not in my shop... that's just damn fugly.

A rag top would be fun... but they would have to be extremely careful with the design and execution... it's a make or break proposition.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I found this today & it looks awesome ... Has Kia announced any information on a Cabriolet?

From the front it looks sharp! did the picture get distorted...the back wheel is taller/larger than the front wheel?

...but the back shot makes it look like something is missing...too long and straight on top.

The 5-door looks ok...just a station wagon really. Might appeal more to families with small kids.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'd love a wagon.
I agree , we definitely would have bought the wagon if it was available . We almost chose a Rondo for it's practicality but it drove like a mini-minivan . The Elantra Touring was nice but the 2.0l Beta engine is rather dated at 138 hp and has belt cam drive .

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just like the practicality of a station wagon, you never know when you need to haul an engine somewhere. I'd have designed both the Koup & sedan as hatchbacks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I love the five door Forte concept I just think they should have used the Forte Koups front bumper and done a couple things to make it look just a tad sharper, such as plastics...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm not impressed by the cabriolet. It actually looks like more of a chic car to me in that pic. The wagon is okay, not really impressed by that either. I LOVE MY KOUP!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can't wait to see what Forte Koups will look like in about 5 more years.

With what they finally achieved with both the sedan and Koup, I can only hope that the SX version in about 5 years will be pushing over 200HP non Turbo'd and with alot more design.

My SX Koup looks good. But not as great as it could be. The Front shiny plastic makes it look cheap, like patent leather. They should opt for a solid front end like BMW. Headlights need to be thrown out and replaced with standard projectors. And they need to fix the shift nob too. I have the AT knob, and the paint chips on the top of the "brushed steel" sticker. They should make it real brushed steel. They could easily turn the Koup into their sports car and sell this baby starting at $20,000.00 for a standard SX Koup or Convertible. Throw in a a Turbo'd Koup with over 275Hp and sell it for about 3 grand more.

If they do make a convertible any time soon, they should make the car smaller all around. maybe make the rear seat a 2 seater instead of 3.

enough of my ranting. lol Those pictures are Fugly!

·
Registered
532 Posts
No sorry, it just does not hold up the correct for a cabrio. But I hope they don't make it because you would see a lot of stupid omg girls driving it thinking they are hot shit.

Grouchy Old Cripple: Blonde Joke

@ EspanaSX: I'm still waiting on those projectors too.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Funny how in early 2010 people said Kia would never do a 5 door, and here we are.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts