Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a link to the Koup I'm currently looking at. 2010 Kia Forte Koup | Baton Rouge LA All Star Kia of Baton Rouge

It doesn't have the Leather package. Which is the most expensive option...if this car doesn't have a sunroof the next biggest option. What is the "true market value"? What can I talk them down to w/o sounding crazy?

I have 5,000 cash. Not perfect credit but "good enough" I would think. The more input the better, I plan to go in Monday!

Any tips while talking them down would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
any dealer can drop a car price up to 2,000 off. i went in for my frst car, focus, and it went from 16995 to 14900 in a day. i left when i didnt get what i wanted and i got a call an hour later saying they got it down to what i wanted. it also depends on who your dealing with. just go in knowing what you wanna pay for it. i had a number going in and i left with my kia forte koup and i love it! :)

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Hi welcome! Check the thread "PRICES PAID FOR KOUP". There is some good advice in there. Read thru it, Oldiesradio has great advice posted...Good Luck!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats your opinon on the value of the Koup in the above link? I would like for the "Out the door" price to be around 20k and the Lot price is above 20k. It's not even and Auto...

>.> hopefully I can haggle them down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi welcome! Check the thread "PRICES PAID FOR KOUP". There is some good advice in there. Read thru it, Oldiesradio has great advice posted...Good Luck!!

Yea I read that entire thread. Saw soome good posts, thanks. Lot's of Candian prices though.

I can do the currency exchange rates but I don't know what the market value really is in Canada.

·
Registered
695 Posts
When I went to the dealership they tried to get me to test it out for a day, still without them meeting my price request. I said no thanks turned around and left. Three weeks later i went back in and made a lower request and they were able to work something out. I ended up walking out with a lower price then i planned on, 4,000 of sticker price, and they removed that stupid market value difference crap.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I will say 21k should get you leather and a sunroof. 18-19k for a base SX koup. If you plan to be there for a few hours Im sure you could get them to around 17k.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Best thing to do is do your homework on the car. Know what the invoice price is for the car. I went thru Costco, and paid $195 over invoice.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It is very hard for dealers to give a lot off on these cars. Reason being is that there is only maybe 800 dollars mark up from invoice to msrp. I Know because i am a kia salesman. The best time is at the end of the month. If they need to meet their goal from kia, things will happen!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow CrashVector good deal. Can you tell me more info? How much did you put down? How hard was it to get the price that low? What sales person did you work with (his or her name). All and any info u could give me would be amazing. The moreee info the better!!!

Nice to see someone from Louisiana on the forum.

Thanks everyone who has posted useful info :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is very hard for dealers to give a lot off on these cars. Reason being is that there is only maybe 800 dollars mark up from invoice to msrp. I Know because i am a kia salesman. The best time is at the end of the month. If they need to meet their goal from kia, things will happen!

TMV is below MSRP and A LOT of dealers want more than MSRP. Check out the link or look at any Kia dealers in Louisiana if you don't believe me. Plenty of EX Koups start at 20k...

Do you sell any Koups at your dealership? Whats the average price the SX's leave the lot for? I'm looking for "raw" information. Numbers $$$$$$$$!!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
The dealership I've been in talks with is getting me new Forte Koup SX stock (they had to buy it from another dealer so it should get here in a day or two). I live in NJ. I'm expecting he's going to start offering between 18.5-19.5k. I'm going to start haggling at 17k with trade-in (1997 Mercury Sable LS fully loaded with 97k miles, which we bought from this dealer new 13 years ago) out the door. Think this is possible? I'm looking to try to do 18.5k with tax as my max out the door. Any input, suggestions?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From what people or telling me ask to see Invoice pricing. Also look at edmunds.com and look for your TMV price. Don't act like you love the car and don't be afraid to "walk out" and say you will go to another dealer.

·
Registered
567 Posts
oh and also I'll be paying in full. Which is why I think they may be willing to give me a lower price. Yeah I know I gotta do all that. I just don't want to cause I want the car so bad hahah =[

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
The dealers in my area have the SX models listed for about $26000. When I am ready to buy one it will be no where near what they are asking. I do not have an issue with a business wanting to make a profit but not when its about $7000 more then MSRP for what I want.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Wow, the Koup I test drove was a SX 6 speed with leather and moonroof and the lot sticker was $21k. And even that included a bunch of junk fees $499 for "environmental protection" i.e. a coat of wax. And they offered me double the rebate and double the appraisal on my trade-in. Only reason I walked away was because it was the very first car I've test driven so far in this round of car shopping.

But in the end, don't do anything in person but test drive and pick up. Get a much better deal just putting out for bids online or by fax for every dealer within 150miles or so. And yeah, end of month, rainy day, end of year, end of model year, etc make a huge difference.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts