Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to here from other kia forte owners the good and the bad. I am very interested in the 2011 kia forte koup and plan on purchasing next month. I'm trying to weight out the pros and cons. Thanks :cool:

·
Registered
284 Posts
No real cons i'd say, if you run into any problems you have a warranty.

A lot of members did say they've been to the dealer a few times and even on a regular basis for warranty issues but for the most part i'd like to think Kia does cover their cars.

Personally speaking I think my Forte is great, I used to drive an older model corolla which I loved and now miss (not that it was better, but because it was my first car), was also looking at a civic but ended up with the forte sx. I dont have a 2011 so I cant really say anything specific about the new models.

Pros: Warranty, Price, Looks.
Cons: Newer car (dont know too much about long term issues), Aftermarket Support (hard to find, if you do find most likely have to import).

Since it is a new car im pretty sure it'll be hard to find used ones but if you can check out the trim level and compare the resale value which maybe a pro/con.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Actually the biggest concern is your dealership. If you have a terrible dealer and there is no other one nearby to go to, then you are screwed. The warranty [while excellent] will be very frustrating to exercise if you have a dealer that is incompetent and does not provide excellent customer service. My dealer is an Infinity, Ford, Kia dealership and rolls out the red carpet when I show up [he has to maintain Infinity standards and I benefit from that]. Research the dealer, and if he has too many issues /complaints, and there is no other dealer nearby, then you might want to consider another car.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Actually the biggest concern is your dealership. If you have a terrible dealer and there is no other one nearby to go to, then you are screwed. The warranty [while excellent] will be very frustrating to exercise if you have a dealer that is incompetent and does not provide excellent customer service. My dealer is an Infinity, Ford, Kia dealership and rolls out the red carpet when I show up [he has to maintain Infinity standards and I benefit from that]. Research the dealer, and if he has too many issues /complaints, and there is no other dealer nearby, then you might want to consider another car.

I agree, I actually have been around to a few dealships and service levels do vary greatly - I dont think this is kia specific however if you only have 1 local dealer than forsure take this into serious thought and do research before you buy - remember sales are there for a sale not to address your oil change or warranty.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Prior to buying my ride.....I did quite a fair bit of comparision shopping.
For me, the Forte was the best deal as well as the best bang for the buck.

As far as the the car itself.....I've had mine a over a year now and haven't had any
issues. Of course there are some minor ones but that goes the same for Honda, Toyota, GM etc. etc.

I agree with micheal too!!
Check out the dealership itself.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'll agree with most- the dealer is important, but KIA dealerships are starting to pop up everywhere. Plus, you might find crappy service at a number of other dealerships- not just KIA, so don't get too worked up over this.

Before buying, I did a LOT of research and side-by-side comparisons with other cars and honestly, nothing held a candle to the Forte. The closest bang-for-the-buck was the Mazda 3, but the Forte wiped the floor with it in almost every area.

Pro's- crash ratings and safety, warranty, price, performance (SX had one of the highest HP ratings in its class and excellent skid pad performance), appearance.. The list goes on and on.

Con's- Poor throttle/ clutch feel, not the best fuel mileage (definitely better than my Jeep though!), a bit light in snow, and the paint is pretty thin.

Everything aside, if I had the chance I would DEFINITELY buy it again (maybe test-drive a Koup first, before deciding). I love my car and I'm sure you will too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts