Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
No real cons i'd say, if you run into any problems you have a warranty.

A lot of members did say they've been to the dealer a few times and even on a regular basis for warranty issues but for the most part i'd like to think Kia does cover their cars.

Personally speaking I think my Forte is great, I used to drive an older model corolla which I loved and now miss (not that it was better, but because it was my first car), was also looking at a civic but ended up with the forte sx. I dont have a 2011 so I cant really say anything specific about the new models.

Pros: Warranty, Price, Looks.
Cons: Newer car (dont know too much about long term issues), Aftermarket Support (hard to find, if you do find most likely have to import).

Since it is a new car im pretty sure it'll be hard to find used ones but if you can check out the trim level and compare the resale value which maybe a pro/con.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Actually the biggest concern is your dealership. If you have a terrible dealer and there is no other one nearby to go to, then you are screwed. The warranty [while excellent] will be very frustrating to exercise if you have a dealer that is incompetent and does not provide excellent customer service. My dealer is an Infinity, Ford, Kia dealership and rolls out the red carpet when I show up [he has to maintain Infinity standards and I benefit from that]. Research the dealer, and if he has too many issues /complaints, and there is no other dealer nearby, then you might want to consider another car.

I agree, I actually have been around to a few dealships and service levels do vary greatly - I dont think this is kia specific however if you only have 1 local dealer than forsure take this into serious thought and do research before you buy - remember sales are there for a sale not to address your oil change or warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts