Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI All,

any problems or concerns with your car i would to hear about them and try to help, i am a Fixed Operations Manager for a KIA Dealership in Vancouver B.C and any insight i could give you all on new products or problems with the car or anything else just drop me a line.;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Great to have you on the forum. Hope you can be some help to some of the people with problems..

Well I do have one problem... I enjoy driving my koup so much, that its getting lots of miles on it, how do I fix this? ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
HI All,

any problems or concerns with your car i would to hear about them and try to help, i am a Fixed Operations Manager for a KIA Dealership in Vancouver B.C and any insight i could give you all on new products or problems with the car or anything else just drop me a line.;)
concerns - On the Kia.ca site when you click build a Forte as I did and then bought one. It states LED turn signal in side mirrors. Correct me if I'm wrong but they are not LED?

Also the Tire pressure monitoring system people talk about and the Air Bag off sensor? Are us Canadians not worthy of these safety features? I do not believe that we have this? I had a head on collision a month ago and the passenger airbag went off as well resulting in additional thousands in replacement cost.

I'm not ragging just asking because I haven't even been able to get a straight answer about these things from the 1-800 line or the dealer.

One last thing.
The Kia Owners membership.
Is that in effect now?
I asked my salesman when I picked up the car and he told me he didn't know about it. Hmm...

thank you for any clarification you may have.

Welcome to the forum!
:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great to have you on the forum. Hope you can be some help to some of the people with problems..

Well I do have one problem... I enjoy driving my koup so much, that its getting lots of miles on it, how do I fix this? ;)

lol awsome the only thing i can say to that is buy one for the garage!:cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Do you have any info on the release date for the 2011 Koup SX? I understand from SOUL4U posts here on the forum that there is a Luxury edition that will be coming out. On the KIA Korea web site they have pics up of the Koup, 4dr and 5dr with specs but in Korean. The pics do look like what SOUL4U post describe, all leather,Nav, Auto climate control,paddle shifters, Auto headlights,Push button start. Can you give a release date or at least month and any other info would be helpful since I am looking to buy the car in Nov/Dec if available. I have e-mailed Kia America for 3 months now for a brochure and info with no success.

·
Registered
69 Posts
my Forte sedan sounds loud and people stop me to ask whats wrong with the engine. a buzzing in the passenger door that the dealership wont/cant fix because they are morons.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Before I drove mine off the lot, the lower door trim right next to the driver's seat had popped up. The dealer and I didn't want to break it by forcing it back in place. A new part was ordered, I'm waiting to take it back and have it replaced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
concerns - On the Kia.ca site when you click build a Forte as I did and then bought one. It states LED turn signal in side mirrors. Correct me if I'm wrong but they are not LED?

Also the Tire pressure monitoring system people talk about and the Air Bag off sensor? Are us Canadians not worthy of these safety features? I do not believe that we have this? I had a head on collision a month ago and the passenger airbag went off as well resulting in additional thousands in replacement cost.

I'm not ragging just asking because I haven't even been able to get a straight answer about these things from the 1-800 line or the dealer.

One last thing.
The Kia Owners membership.
Is that in effect now?
I asked my salesman when I picked up the car and he told me he didn't know about it. Hmm...

thank you for any clarification you may have.

Welcome to the forum!
:)

if you would like me to take a look at this for you i would be glad to but you would have to pm me your VIN because i would have to look up to see if your vehicle came standerd with these features.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,837 Posts
Please be wary of an individual claiming to be a Kia representative...PM him for his official e-mail address before providing information.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
ok maybe you can help me out hear?

My Problem: Ive complained about this on the site and too my dealership serval times.

My koup was in the show room, and after about a month it developed a sqweak that seems to be from the serptine belt (I"m almost sure of it)
I've brought the car in to the dealership a couple of times, once I left the car running because it was doing it, dealer claimed the could not "replacate the problem even thou it was doing it"

Is my dealer just lazy? OR ???

The sqweak happens more often and is a bit louder if I use the ac.
sometimes if I turn the ac off while driving and then turn it back on later the sound goes away,
other times it makes no diffrence if I run ac or not just sqweaks.

anytips on what I can do here? having a hard time getting them to change a part or try a new belt or just belive me that there is a sqweak its anoying to say the least.
Thanks for listening :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have any info on the release date for the 2011 Koup SX? I understand from SOUL4U posts here on the forum that there is a Luxury edition that will be coming out. On the KIA Korea web site they have pics up of the Koup, 4dr and 5dr with specs but in Korean. The pics do look like what SOUL4U post describe, all leather,Nav, Auto climate control,paddle shifters, Auto headlights,Push button start. Can you give a release date or at least month and any other info would be helpful since I am looking to buy the car in Nov/Dec if available. I have e-mailed Kia America for 3 months now for a brochure and info with no success.
the production for Canada should be the same as the US they go into production Sept and should be on our shelfs mid November

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my Forte sedan sounds loud and people stop me to ask whats wrong with the engine. a buzzing in the passenger door that the dealership wont/cant fix because they are morons.

if they cant help with a problem take it to another dealer or call the reps at KIA for a responce they on your side and will help you get the problem dealt with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok maybe you can help me out hear?

My Problem: Ive complained about this on the site and too my dealership serval times.

My koup was in the show room, and after about a month it developed a sqweak that seems to be from the serptine belt (I"m almost sure of it)
I've brought the car in to the dealership a couple of times, once I left the car running because it was doing it, dealer claimed the could not "replacate the problem even thou it was doing it"

Is my dealer just lazy? OR ???

The sqweak happens more often and is a bit louder if I use the ac.
sometimes if I turn the ac off while driving and then turn it back on later the sound goes away,
other times it makes no diffrence if I run ac or not just sqweaks.

anytips on what I can do here? having a hard time getting them to change a part or try a new belt or just belive me that there is a sqweak its anoying to say the least.
Thanks for listening :)
if they could hear the problem when you brought it in they should address it i just had the same problem with a Rondo and it was the AC Compressor not saying that what your problem is but if it's getting louder when you turn the AC on it can only be a belt a pulley or the compressor. make sure they hear it and ask for a tech to come listen to the noise because the tech is the one who has to fault it to be able to claim warrenty.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
if they could hear the problem when you brought it in they should address it i just had the same problem with a Rondo and it was the AC Compressor not saying that what your problem is but if it's getting louder when you turn the AC on it can only be a belt a pulley or the compressor. make sure they hear it and ask for a tech to come listen to the noise because the tech is the one who has to fault it to be able to claim warrenty.

Ok think I'll give this another try.. with another dealer or I'll try going to the tech guy direct this time
Thxs for the reply:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Minor interior defect..

HI All,

Well I am 1400K into it now and I have an issue. I went to use the climate control and the frign' thing cut my finger. the chrome on the plastic ring is peeling off.....:( I know what a wimp... I dont think the dealer will have an issue will replacing it. Well see. It got me looking over the entire interior with detail looking for additional defects, but to my pleasant surprise there were none.

·
Registered
46 Posts
problems

I have the 2.0L ex and i have a few problems with the car. The serpentine belt used to squeak the dealership said it was the waterpump bearing so they replaced it... still no fix now it squeels and makes somewhat of a gurgle noise almost like a stuck thermostat. The interior dome light swich gave out and has been on "backorder" for two months, still not fixed. My trunk needed aligning because the left side sat higher than the right that is fixed but now it squeaks. Everytime I sit in the driver seat the track to the seat squeaks really bad it also rubs off the center console. And the last issue is when I downshift from 5th to 4th hard I hear a bang/nock noise and I can feel it on my feet, the dealer said that they testdrove another forte koup and it did the same thing and it is not a concern ( what a line of bullshit) I am starting to wonder what kind of quality these cars are!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Before I drove mine off the lot, the lower door trim right next to the driver's seat had popped up. The dealer and I didn't want to break it by forcing it back in place. A new part was ordered, I'm waiting to take it back and have it replaced.
I just noticed this same thing on my Cerato while I was washing it. However, it didn't pop up completely, it just looks 'raised' on one side... Still in place, though. I wonder if that's anything to worry about.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I had my Koup parked in my garage and I had my e-brake up so my car won't roll back into the garage door. Today as I let down the e-brake to go into reverse the rubber piece, that fits on the back of the e-brake, slipped off. I'm thinking about going to the dealer to get this fixed so it won't happen again, but I'm probably going to end up dismantling the center console and fixing this myself. I hope I don't get little surprises like this from my Koup in the future...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts