Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Forte EX came with a slight engine knocking noise at idle, an oil leak at the oil pan and left side of engine front cover, and now getting a small power steering fluid leak at the steering rack?

This is unacceptable for a new car. Wondering how the car made it out of the factory and then sold to a customer this way.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Sounds like you got a "Friday" car -- the assembly line put your car together on Friday and was more concerned with the coming weekend.

Seriously, your problems shouldn't be occuring and the car should be taken back to the dealer for repair.

I do like that Kia is making an effort in their technical newsletters to get the point across to the dealers to take a good look (inspection) at the new cars before they are sold to their owners...obviously your dealer's service department isn't reading them...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a car with some issues, that's for sure. Otherwise it drives and performa great. But a couple oil leaks on the engine and a power steering leak(seepage) shouldn't be happening on a new car.

I have it scheduled for the oil leak and PS leak at the dealer a week from now. The oil leak is small enough to not be a problem driving it, and the PS leak is even less of a leak.

I wouldn't want a Monday car either...hangover car, LOL.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just food for thought, I wouldn't be driving the car, you could be making a mistake by driving it, and compounding the issues. If somthing should happen while your driving the car,losing the oil from the engine or power steering and causing damage, they may not honor the warranty. I would call the manager of the dealership and explain to him the leaking issues and outright refuse to drive the car until its repaired!

Whoever told you its ok to drive the car like it is should be fired! Don't let the dealership push you around.
When you call Kia Roadside assistance to have your car towed to the dealer, this sends up a giant red flag at Kia Corporate, they will be in contact with you as to why you had to have the car towed in. Good luck!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The oil leak is so small that the oil level is still at full mark even after several weeks. Just a little oil spreading across one corner of the oil pan flange.

The PS fluid seepage is even more minimal. Fluid level unchanged in the PS fluid resevoir.

Thanks for your concern, but I'm pretty car knowledgeable, and I wouldn't continue driving it if there was a chance of any of the things you mentioned happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts