Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone given Kia their car for the Recall and gotten it back after a few weeks? My forte has been at the dealership since January and I want to know if this is normal.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,144 Posts
Need more info to answer your question. What recall? Was your engine bad?

I know owners who waited over a month to get an engine replaced - but NOT 4 Months!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need more info to answer your question. What recall? Was your engine bad?

I know owners who waited over a month to get an engine replaced - but NOT 4 Months!
It was a recall for the engine. My forte is the 2.0 NU Engine and it blew when I was driving to work one day. The Oil pan and Engine Light both came on. The car lost a lot of power and eventually could not be driven. I was told I was approved for the replacement in January but yes, 4 months is a very long time.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,144 Posts
I hope they provided you a loaner!

I would definitely be talking to the Service Manager on a regular basis. Sometimes if you NICELY irritate them with regular calls they get the incentive to get your car repaired to stop the NICE calls...LOL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope they provided you a loaner!

I would definitely be talking to the Service Manager on a regular basis. Sometimes if you NICELY irritate them with regular calls they get the incentive to get your car repaired to stop the NICE calls...LOL!
They wanted to give me a rental not a loaner. A loaner would have been nice though. I will be speaking with a service manager today about it. At this point, it’s really gotten out of hand.

·
Registered
113 Posts
They wanted to give me a rental not a loaner. A loaner would have been nice though. I will be speaking with a service manager today about it. At this point, it’s really gotten out of hand.
A dealer providing you with a loaner is on their dime, since it's their car you putting mileage on, and possibly driving the snot out of, whereas a rental is paid for by the automaker. A recall and resulting parts shortage for a dead vehicle is not the dealer's fault and they shouldn't be footing the bill for anything any more than you should be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A dealer providing you with a loaner is on their dime, since it's their car you putting mileage on, and possibly driving the snot out of, whereas a rental is paid for by the automaker. A recall and resulting parts shortage for a dead vehicle is not the dealer's fault and they shouldn't be footing the bill for anything any more than you should be.
They should

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Why would a dealer give you a loaner when the automaker is willing to foot the bill for a rental? And why would you turn down the rental?
Maybe in Canada? When the dealer "gave" my daughter a rental SHE got the rental bill when her 2006 Spectra blew a head gasket under warranty.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Maybe in Canada? When the dealer "gave" my daughter a rental SHE got the rental bill when her 2006 Spectra blew a head gasket under warranty.
I only had one experience with this, when my Dodge Dart needed its transmission control module replaced several years ago under recall and the first replacement was a dud. They ferried me over to the local Enterprise, where the only condition was that it had to be an FCA vehicle. Unfortunately, that meant I left in a brown Fiat 500 Sport, because it was like 8:45pm and pickings were slim. The contract was clear that FCA Canada was paying for it, and they did. Even so, I regretted it, because every second spent behind the wheel of a Fiat 500 is a second you will never get back. Friends don't let friends drive Fiat 500s.

EDIT: I know others who got rentals for recalls in the US on Darts. FCA is just about the worst when it comes to customer service, so I can't imagine every other automaker doesn't cover rentals for recalls that can't be completed same-day as well. Again, this is in the context of a safety recall, and I believe the automaker might have a legal obligation to cover the cost of alternative transportation like a rental.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts