·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was just reading his build and he likes it but i dunno yet i will have to wait and see i like the twm one as well did you get the bushings and such?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Would be interesting if this OEM product came with all the bushings and whatnot. I may ask my local dealer about this very soon.

2,213 Posts
If it was do great, why didn't they instal it in the first place?? I say go with the twm kit. Get all the bushing kits. It's so much better. The reverse lock out is great, and the detailed instructions are so good a monkey could instal this shifter lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I agree about why the hell its not stock and stuff I know the two improves shifting and everything but I am wondering if this one does too I'm probably gonna get the two just wanted personal experience from you guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have twm short shifters. the main reason i installed the shifter is that to improve my second gear which it doesn't. nothing works to improve hard shifting from cold start. the only solution i am following right now to escape second gear, which i shift 1 to 3. if any body has any suggestion please reply to me.tanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have twm short shifters. the main reason i installed the shifter is that to improve my second gear which it doesn't. nothing works to improve hard shifting from cold start. the only solution i am following right now to escape second gear, which i shift 1 to 3. if any body has any suggestion please reply to me.tanks
the TWM shifter actually makes it HARDER to shift from first to second on cold weather, but when it warms up the twm shifter is really nice, now there is a highly possible fix for the first to second shift what you probably need to do is buy the REDLINE MT-85 Transmission fluid, you need 2 quarts... on my next oil change, which is very soon i will be switching the transmission oil to the redline stuff and see how it goes, alot of people says it improves shifting in cold weather, AND makes shifting less "notchy" some with a koup some with a lancer

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think i will actually put some royal purple in tomorrow and see how that goes i really think i need a new tranny more than a short shifter

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The answer to the cold shifting is a remote starter! I have one and always use it an it makes for NO cold shifting :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Or just don't race it on cold days after start up.... the Twm does make shifts feel smoother, but 1st to 2nd still feels heavy. I haven't installed the shifter brushing yet cuz I'm waiting until I get a cai that way I can take care of everything at once.

Oh and to answer your question go with Twm, its more pricey, but a better over all kit in my opinion.

·
Registered
695 Posts
When I ordered from TWM i ordered all the bushings, cable and base. Also ordered the weighted shift knob. Easy install and the feel afterwards is amazing. Had the dealership asking questions.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts