Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI to my fellow Forte Owners

I received a phone call from Kia wanting to know how the Bluetooth, Voice Activation system is working... Boy did I let them have it.

Questions were detailed about what everyone has been complaining about. I covered everything from "Transfer Complete" to the chronic problems to trying to carry a simple conversation.

I am curious to see if anyone is getting the same calls from good ol' KIA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I sure hope do get a phone call from them. My bluetooth is working fine, but I just want to bitch about how annoying some of the questions of the bluetooth system are... :p;)

For instance have you noticed that for every confirmation there's like a paragraph explaining to you "If you would like to proceed say yes, otherwise say cancel or back to cancel".... or something along those lines.

hearing this w/e you're configuring or trying to make a phone call becomes a serious nuisance after a while cause you already no that... (or at least it's common sense)

I wish they shortened those dialogues...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too received a call

I also received a call from Kia. I told them about my main complaints being road noise at moderate to high speeds, and the mic gain being too high.
I don't mind the connection announcements so much and have found that it usually does not happen if I initially connect the BT with the radio off. If the radio is on when BT connects, then it announces. Not sure if this is gospel, but just an observation.
I told Kia, for me, the system is unusable at speeds over 45. I can hear others, but they cannot hear me. They can hear excessive road noise and my kids tell me that I sound, "like a robot"...
We'll see if our survey helps, but I think it is for future development not current.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I sure hope do get a phone call from them. My bluetooth is working fine, but I just want to bitch about how annoying some of the questions of the bluetooth system are... :p;)

For instance have you noticed that for every confirmation there's like a paragraph explaining to you "If you would like to proceed say yes, otherwise say cancel or back to cancel".... or something along those lines.

hearing this w/e you're configuring or trying to make a phone call becomes a serious nuisance after a while cause you already no that... (or at least it's common sense)

I wish they shortened those dialogues...
If you press the voice dial button in the middle of the question, it will skip right to the 'beep' where you can answer. I found this out by mistake.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you press the voice dial button in the middle of the question, it will skip right to the 'beep' where you can answer. I found this out by mistake.
Oh awesome.. This is truly my only beef.. the prompts are too long.. I'm going to have to try.

My blue tooth works flawlessly.. even at speeds of 200km/h

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bluetooth works like a champ.....My only complaint (much like everyone else) are the long prompts. I can hear the other person great and they can hear me fine even at high speeds. Kia got this one right.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
anyone found if it is possible to ''mute'' the annoying ''transfer complete'' ? I wish I could stop that... Used to thank the car every time as a joke, but I'm starting to be less enthousiastic about that...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Since I upgraded my iPhone iOS4 i no longer get the message.. So it definitely has to be a phone thing.

but when the message is currently in the process of saying "Transfer Complete" you can turn the volume. but then again everything will be quiet. So it might not be a great suggestion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
you just made me VERY Happy.. that was my only complaint too.. have to try it when my car gets out of the shop, tomorrow i hope.

by the way, I also have no issue with using bluetooth at 70mph and up.. other party says I sound fine and I never have too much road noise.. that's here in hawaii where our roads are not the best, either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
has anyone else had the issue of the car BT seeming to work fine for calling out but never actually calling from the phone? In other words, i'll go through the dialog and it'll tell me active call in progress, but the phone itself never dials out. I think i've played with every setting in the phone so i'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Bluetooth works fine for me and the mic is great. Callers like how clear I sound when driving and some don't even know I am talking in the car. My biggest grip is the female stern voice. All I want is a sexy voice and I am fine with it all. Maybe a programmable voice? Thanks for the tip on shortening the dialogue BAF,that helps alot.
When I upgraded my 3G to OS4.0 I lost the voice "Transfer Complete" which was nice but then felt like something was missing each time I started the car after awhile. When I synched up my new iPhone 4 the message came back. The voice comes from the Car's programming but only cue'd from a signal from the phone when it successfully transfers the contact list. I think some of us with upgraded software had a glitch with the phone not signalling the contact list transfer to the car so no message was voiced. The list was still sent since you could still dial by voice. The connection session just wasn't "finalized".

·
Registered
436 Posts
I wish they'd call me. But if they do, they might wish they hadn't.

Try giving American Airlines automated flight information a call. It's MADDENING.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
For a while my android phone didn't give me the transfer complete message. I think it comes down to if you give the stereo unit permission to access the phonebook. If you don't, you will not have voice dial and will not here transfer complete. I could be wrong. Haven't tested that much.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
When I first paired with my android it asked me to allow permission to the car stereo to access address book.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah with the windows down the BT is useless at higher speeds, the fact that the car didn't have AC makes the BT useless during the summer on highway drives that I drive everyday.

Then the loud noise that pops the speaks is annoying, if anyone has had that happen to them they know what I'm talking about.

The long prompts are ridiculous, I'm glad to hear there might be a way around them.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Main issue is the inability to use the BT unless you have the windows up. I have had one instance where the car refused to actually pair with the phone, I had to pull over and reset the pairing completely but other then that, no real complaints.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Thanks for the tip on how to skip the prompts!

The only time people have a hard time hearing me is when it rains super hard and I'm on rough road. The lack of sound deadening in the roof and the road noise from the LS2 really does suck.

Beyond that it works like it should which is great.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Windows UP, nobody on the other end can understand me at highway speeds. I realize the car has above average road noise, but that's rediculous.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.