Kia Forte Forum banner

kia survey and gas mileage

5K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  arinesmith 
#1 ·
recently bought a 2011 kia forte ex. was told i would get a call for a survey . Haven't heard from anybody . Did everybody get a survey from kia? I called kia and thay said if I didn't get a call there was nothing they could do about it. Not very encouraging customer service.
Also ,so far not very good gas mileage. Maybe it will get better after "break in period" ?

#2 ·
Funny...I received a voicemail today saying I would be getting a call for a survey and they hope I would give them a 100% report.....Was told in October '10 I would receive one when I bought the car. Nothing. Not worried about it either. One less call to waste my minutes.

#4 ·
recently bought a 2011 kia forte ex. was told i would get a call for a survey . Haven't heard from anybody . Did everybody get a survey from kia? I called kia and thay said if I didn't get a call there was nothing they could do about it. Not very encouraging customer service.
Also ,so far not very good gas mileage. Maybe it will get better after "break in period" ?
Your mileage should increase after break-in. If you are in mountainous or hilly terrain don't expect to meet EPA ratings...will be less because of the up and down travel.
I've bought a few Kias -- sometimes the survey people call and sometimes they don't. Not something I make a big deal out of...if you're having problems don't wait for the survey people to call...LoL!

#20 ·
I had my mileage improve about 2-3mpg after the first 3000 miles. (And first recommended oil change).

#6 ·
ive had like 2 surveys on the phone and 2 in the mail so far but i did get a 20 dollar gift card and a dollar from another so i am making money. oh and if they dont do well fuck em give them low scores and recieve money. and im getting 28-31 mpg im my 11 sx manual loosen your foot from the peddle lol

#7 ·
I do about 90% city driving and I'm at about 16 MPGs...sucks but the way I drive doesn't help and the new exhaust doesn't either lol def don't worry too much about the survey, for some reason a lot of the time that stuff takes a lot of time and you'll get a call when you least expect it like 2 yrs after u bought the car and you'll be like "o yea forgot about that" lol

#12 ·
i have almost 900 miles on my 10 sx 6speed mt and my mileage gets better every tank so far..first tank was 23, second tank was 24, third tank im currently around 25.5..ill drive nice and get 26.3 and then gun it and watch it go back down to 25ish lol hopefully once I get an intake on it ill get around 28? i dot 60/40 city/highway so its pretty right on from what its rated at...hard to get used to after driving a 95 civic that got 35 whethere I beat the hell out of it or babied it lol had I/H/E on it

#14 ·
I didn't get any survey on the Forte. I did on my wife's Sorento.

So far my gas mileage has not been too good. Averaging about 22 just on my short commute to work in the snow. Finally took a a little trip last weekend from Rochester to Buffalo and back. Ran low 70s with cruise almost the entire way and got 31+. I'm starting to think this is as good as it will do. Flat road and cruise = 31mpg. I've just turned 3000 miles on it (2010 Forte EX 4sp auto).

#15 ·
I have a 2010 SX and averaged 30mpg on the last 3 tanks, 70/30 Highway/city. I just turned 4000 miles this morning. I'm pulling about 5mpg more than I was on the first few tanks of gas...
I could probably up that to around 34, but it's too easy to get on I78 and set the cruise at 80....plus I race around the mountain roads just for fun!

#18 ·
From what i understand the dealerships are going to do a majority of e-mail surverys and just so anyone knows if the people that worked on your car deserve 10s please do. If they didnt then by all means rate on your experience. Thats one of the ways we actually get paid. thanks!

#19 ·
gas mileage is disappointing

as far as the gas mileage goes, i agree. i was told of the 3k-5k mile break in period too. i did the math and im getting between 24-25mpg. which is well under the 28-36 that the window sticker reported. i am disappointed. i thought id be getting into a car that would save me money and id be one of those people with a modern car that boasts great mileage. im at the pump as much if not more then i was with my old car.:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.