Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else is receiving these letters from KIA? This is the second time I receive this in the mail. The first time around I was wayyyy to busy with school...

They are now offering a rental, a tank full of gas, and a $100 gift card...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ive never heard of that but u haven't been "chosen" yet. U still need to reply to that and u may be chosen for the tests.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive never heard of that but u haven't been "chosen" yet. U still need to reply to that and u may be chosen for the tests.
It's a funny thing you say that... This version of the letter makes it seem as though they are "choosing" a few out of a pool of thousands of Fortes. In the first letter, they wanted to send a tech down to my house ASAP and give me a $50 KIA-card, or drop my car off at the Tech Center and get the $100 one instead. So it looks like they didn't get much response the first time around if they are sending me the same letter with MORE incentives... I'll get "selected"...

NOTE: This is posted in the U.S. Pacific Section because the testing center is in California, so I'm interesting in seeing if anyone else in Southern California got this same letter...

·
Registered
436 Posts
That's one of the strangest things I've ever seen come out of an auto manufacturer. I suspect they're questioning the longevity of the emissions components. They probably got a defective batch of catalytic converters.

The incentives are nice, I'm just too picky about what goes on with my car to be loaning it out for a day...even to techs.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
or the questionable fuel economy of these cars that doesn't even come close to stated MPGs

I wonder how many miles will be put on your car during the "tests" they can keep their money .....they ain't driving my car ....we all know asians can't drive (that's a joke)

·
Registered
695 Posts
It states they will put about 100 miles on the car while testing. I pretty sure Asians cant drive has been a proven fact, lol only kidding, Its only mostly true.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts