Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

While Kia's recent success has a lot to do with the new platforms and engines underneath its products, not to mention the improved quality and low purchase price, the automaker is putting the focus on its dramatic designs. The top man behind Kia's "design revolution" is Peter Schreyer and so it only makes sense that he has a lot of input into the future of the brand.

That being said, it's no trivial statement when Schreyer recently told Automotive News that "sooner or later" the brand will get a sports car that will help define Kia and serve as a halo model.

Kia hinted at such a vehicle back in 2007 with the Kee Concept, but since then we've heard nothing. In the past Schreyer comment that a Kia sports car based on the Kee Concept would have to be rear-wheel drive and that as there is already a rear-drive platform available to Kia (the Hyundai Genesis Coupe) then such a car us certainly possible.

With the Genesis Coupe already several years old we have to think that at this point Kia is unlikely to get such a rear-drive sports car until after the launch of the second-gen Genesis Coupe.

More: Kia Will Get a Sports Car Says Design Boss on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Idk I think its just a little too ahead of the times,
its just a bit too into the future, not exactley my cup of tea :(

·
Registered
316 Posts
It seems that every time i put up some new autoguide has it a day or two later....

The car in the picture was the Kee concept car, and probably isn't the MX-5 competitor that Kia is planning. It was Schreyers first design and simply made to showcase the future designs of the brand. Like the tiger nose grill and overall sporty feel.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks like a Civic Del Sol to me, of course anything to make it to market wouldn't have the kind of appearance to it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The overall lines of concept aren't bad, but they really need to work on the front and rear end details, that big gaping hole on the front and the trailing LED's down to the skirt look like something from hello kitty, and the tail lights are way too small and not aggressive enough for a sports coupe.

It actually looks like a new generation of the Acura Legend or Honda Prelude

legend by pagarigan, on Flickr

prelude by pagarigan, on Flickr

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you look at the other pics of the Kee concept... you can see some "Koup" lines... with the glaring exception being the rear window and tail lights and of course the front bumper

Picture: Other - kia_kee_press_1280_08.jpg

·
Registered
645 Posts
What Peter Schreyer needs to do, is design a supercar for the masses, and he can do it,a car that would look as good as a Ferrari 458 at a price we all can afford.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I agree with stockey

It would be lovely if that would happen :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
What Peter Schreyer needs to do, is design a supercar for the masses, and he can do it,a car that would look as good as a Ferrari 458 at a price we all can afford.
it's called the gtr, nissan beat him to it. if you mean an actuall supercar that is affordable, that is.
lol

·
Registered
973 Posts
More affordable than a GTR,I am thinking around 50k
90's viper, my friend
they are super cheap now! lol
they can be had for about 20-30k now
and a 50k real supercar would be absolutely amazing, I don't think it'll come out of the hyundai/kia camp for a few years though, if it does at all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts