Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kia has a new spoiler for the sedan. $230-$300 at the dealer, @$85 to get it painted. I installed it myself and had to drill 11 holes - 7 on top and 4 underneath. Need a 1 3/16" metal hole saw for 2 of the holes. Has an LED third light brake light. Now Kia needs to provide a nice spoiler for the Koup...:)

My picture gallery is full...can't load any more pictures to this site...

See if any of these work:

http://www.kia-forums.com/gallery/index.php?n=1059
http://www.kia-forums.com/gallery/images/66292/1_New_Spoiler_1.JPG
http://www.kia-forums.com/gallery/images/66292/1_New_Spoiler_2.JPG

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Yep... here's mine!

List price in Canada is $345 painted with 1.5 hours labor ($150) if you want it installed.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looks good on Blue!

One thing I learned about the install...the sheet metal is thin and very flexible. When drilling you need to use new or recently sharpened drill bits and hole saws!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does it come with the templates for the holes? or is it guess by golly. Now I just have to get the old lady off the money to do it! LOL! Looks great on both cars.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it come with the templates for the holes? or is it guess by golly. Now I just have to get the old lady off the money to do it! LOL! Looks great on both cars.
The spoiler comes with two clear plastic templates that have two-sided tape ready on the underside. You lay each one (left and right) on each side of the trunk, peel off the tape cover and the template stays in place, then you raise the trunklid and fold the template under the trunklid and peel off the tape for that area. The templates have all the hole sizes printed on them - in addition to the well written instructions. Use a center punch to mark the hole centers and drill with the approprate drill bit - and one hole saw listed in post #1.

Note too that two of the drilled holes take special plugs that studs (you have to install on each side of the spoiler) go into that prevents theft -- there is no nut for these; you have to press the studs into the plugs while positioning the spoiler. Once installed you better hope you don't have to remove the spoiler!!!

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That wouldn't fit on a Koup would it? :( I wish they would make a spoiler exactly like that for the Koup.

No, won't fit nicely on the Koup. The trunk lid on the Koup isn't as wide and the ends of the spoiler would extend over the quarter panels. Also the deck lids of the 4 door and the Koup are not shaped the same where the spoiler mounts so you'd end up with ugly gaps. I'd like Kia to make a spoiler for the Koup too...the last I heard was they were looking into a spoiler by spring.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm not a big fan of a spoiler of the sedan. If I did go for one, it would be a lip spoiler. But, everyone's got different tastes.

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i talked to the service manager at my dealership and he said kia does have a spoiler for the koup in process. idk how long it will be but he told me to be patient. i was like whats that? ;)

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts