Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've never seen these or heard them before so I'm not sure how well they sound or if they are worth getting. I have two kicker slim series 10's right now but they are getting worn and I want to upgrade to a single 12 that isn't going to take up to much trunk space but still get good bass. So if anyone has had experience with these please tell me what you think

and this is kickers website where you can see more info on them.

SubStation Powered Subs | KICKER

·
Registered
191 Posts
So i've never seen these or heard them before so I'm not sure how well they sound or if they are worth getting. I have two kicker slim series 10's right now but they are getting worn and I want to upgrade to a single 12 that isn't going to take up to much trunk space but still get good bass. So if anyone has had experience with these please tell me what you think

YouTube - The new KICKER powered sub enclosures

and this is kickers website where you can see more info on them.

SubStation Powered Subs | KICKER
That is their lower end of stuff. If u want go with their higher end stuff... or go with the alpine 12inch type r.. for price its amazing.. and i know another guy here was debating there is a thread on it and he ended up getting the type r... so maybe PM him and ask him how satisfied he is with it..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a funny response because the type r is the other sub I was looking into getting haha im thinking what i may do if this isn't worth it, is buy the type r and put in a ported box in the trunk, and then run an amp under the drivers seat

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I have a 10in Alpine Type R subwoofer and an Apline PDX M6 amp. I also bought a custom made box off of Ebay built just for the 10in Alpine Type R that I own.

My equipment is top of the line and the best that money could buy. I'm very satisfied with my system. My best friend who is obsessed with bass systems in cars loves my system. Overall my system works flawlessly and is powerful.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea I think I've decided I'm going to go with the alpine type r 12" sub and a ported box just need to decide on the amp..I like your amp but I'm not spending that much on an amp, at least not right now, so I think I may go with mtx since thats what I have now and its lasted me 6 yrs so far with no issues

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Yeah I agree it's a very expensive amp but it runs beautifully. Doesn't overheat at all, doesn't have a gain switch or any adjustment knobs it does everything automatically. I got the 10in instead of the 12in because I didn't feel like adding in a capacitor and putting more parts into my car that could possibly put my warranty at risk. My best friend who I mentioned purchased the 12in Alpine Type R that you're looking at. It's more powerful than my 10in and sounds just as great but he had to do a lot more work to get his to run.

Comparing the two subwoofers, the 12in hits deeper bass notes with much more power than my 10in. But my 10in punches harder at "regular" bass notes. Both subwoofers sound great playing dubstep which is virtually all bass. Personally I just wanted a system that sounds great and can hit bass notes hard. If you want to get your system installed for you I'd recommend going to a reputable Best Buy, had mine installed for $112 by Geek Squad. Haha I'm a perfectionist if you haven't noticed, I want everything done with my car the right way with no mistakes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha yeah I usually install my own systems but this is my fourth vehicle of putting a system in and I just don't feel like doing it myself anymore so I will more than likely take somewhere. I may take to a tint place and see if they will do some kind of combo deal. The thing I'm not comfortable with is using a LOC because i've never had to use them seeing i've always had an aftermarket head unit so yea lol. Thanks for the comparrison of the 12" and 10" that helped a lot. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts