Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Garage door emergency pull got wrapped on the antenna and ripped it off the car.
I can epoxy the top part back, and FM and AM work, but Sirius wont work anymore.
Is there an aftermarket Sirius antenna (like the little magnetic cube the portable ones have) can connect to my indash radio and work? I rarely listen to FM, so if I had to give up FM that would be OK. I REALLY dont want to mess with removing the headliner, or paying $250 for a replacement antenna for the roof.

I have no idea what the name of the connector is on the radio, but the antenna for the portables is SMB.

Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
Bummer.

You can search on ebay/Amazon for your car antenna.

Can do a main search Google type in example: 2010 Kia Forte Koup antenna, 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX antenna, 2010 Kia Forte Cerato antenna.

Can also go to your local junk/salvage yard or visit their website & search for your Forte.

When you get the new antenna, make the mast a shorty. The length of the OEM/factory antenna masts cause them to do the propeller effect & if you go thru any touch carwash. Their high velocity brushes will eventually cause damages.

I personally have never taken my 2010 Forte SX to any touch carwashes since a the OEM/factory antenna was damaged by them. 1 time after bought it. 馃が

I go thru the manual bays hand wash (no brush & just asking for scratches from previous before you use). I learned the 1st time when there's was water leaking from the headliner.

Never again.

Also since it's made from plastic & the constant sun will make it brittle faster. Would be nice it the tops were made tought & stronger.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but I am trying to find a magnetic antenna that doesnt require replacing the roof mounted one. I found a SiriusXM mag antenna and a "factory radio" adapter that is supposed to work for $28. Will post if it works. If not, I suppose replacing the roof mounted one will be the next step. Im not a mechanic, so wanted to avoid the headliner removal and reinstall and all that stuff.

Registered
It's not difficult to remove the headliner. It's just a an inconvenience. A couple of screws, some plastics at the edge of the rear headliner to give you some wiggle room to get to the antenna.

Now, if you want to remove the entire headliner. That's gonna be a hassle. Buy ahead of time headliner clips 10 pack. Some will break.

Registered
You'd have to remove the front, center & rear pillars, the front dome/courtesy map lamps, sun visors, overhead microphone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts