Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 39.4%
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I saw the pics of the Korean Koups that were posted and saw those sick looking headlights. Me, like many others, wondered what mod it could be. I think I found it.

These are the mod. The led looking strip in the headlights.

Well after looking closely at some of the pics that were posted, I thought to myself that they don't really look like led strips or anything led. After farther inspection I realized that they follow the contours of the "frame" in the headlights. So I'm thinking that it might be reflective 3m!

See how it follows the contour?

So what do you guys think? Am I right or wrong?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Since your poll didn't have a third option, "MAYBE", I didn't answer for fear I could be wrong but you do have a very good point...You might be on to something there.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The picture is taken during the day and its a bright white and i doubt if that was a light, it would be that bright in the day time. I have to say that ur prob right and thats either white tape or like u said, some reflective 3M or something

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, it's pretty bright for a daylight pic. Someone should crack open their headlights and test out this theory lol.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Not a bad idea in itself, but I don't think the tape would look like it does in the first picture. The strip seems to actually be lit in that picture. There's light reflecting off of the bumper underneath the strip. Not sure if either of you have been able to look at the 2011 LED taillights, but it just seems to be along the same lines as the outer border is, just in white.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Not a bad idea in itself, but I don't think the tape would look like it does in the first picture. The strip seems to actually be lit in that picture. There's light reflecting off of the bumper underneath the strip. Not sure if either of you have been able to look at the 2011 LED taillights, but it just seems to be along the same lines as the outer border is, just in white.
I agree.... Also, that's probably one of the best mod for the headlamps.. I would buy it...:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
I saw this last week on website for Koups here in Korea-- I tried to get my girlfriend to find out where to get these, but she doesn't seem interested in helping me find out. However, I don't think it's reflective tape- it looks like the lamps for the K7 and the new Sportage (I think it's the Sportage) over here. It believe is actually white plastic with lights up under it. When I go to Seoul in two weeks, I'm going to ask about it.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I saw this last week on website for Koups here in Korea-- I tried to get my girlfriend to find out where to get these, but she doesn't seem interested in helping me find out. However, I don't think it's reflective tape- it looks like the lamps for the K7 and the new Sportage (I think it's the Sportage) over here. It believe is actually white plastic with lights up under it. When I go to Seoul in two weeks, I'm going to ask about it.
Ask about it and bring back as many as you can! :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks like some sort of fluoresent tubing, def. not fluoresent because it's too fragile, but I still think it could be some sort of tube lighting

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think these could be reflective LED bands inside the headlights. Not sure though as from close-up those look really thin... But in the absence of information we can always speculate :)

This is the next series of mod for the Koup... most of us have done whatever there is to do in terms of mod on the Koup by now and now its time for more creativity ;)

1 - 20 of 142 Posts