Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad news, bad luck.

i tried to back out of my driveway this morning, and my parking brake will not disengage completely. The lever is down, the light is off, but the brake is still applied. My car makes a horrible screeching sound that sounds like nails on the devil's chalkboard, and it wont move without giving the car some gas. Luckily I got a ride to school and work...

But here we go again....

·
Registered
139 Posts
That sucks.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
At least people can't blame you for attempting to do another mod... Ohh wait you did put on a steel shift knob and you did have to put it into reverse... You better fess up to the dealer.;)

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Bad news, bad luck.

i tried to back out of my driveway this morning, and my parking brake will not disengage completely. The lever is down, the light is off, but the brake is still applied. My car makes a horrible screeching sound that sounds like nails on the devil's chalkboard, and it wont move without giving the car some gas. Luckily I got a ride to school and work...

But here we go again....
Don't know if it's related but one of my rear wheel stud broke and the head stuck in the parking brake making an awfull noise!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL Mfury I love that.

Turned out that it was a freaking STONE stuck in between my brake disks.. lol!!! HOW!??! WHY!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Haha I had a piece of road cinder stuck in between my break disk last year, it kept makin a screeching pop sound, that is until I stomped the break in frustration. That fixed it real quick :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts