Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have Photo Shop so maybe someone can help with this idea. I have two ideas I would love to see. First, I'd like to see a racing red Koup SX with factory wheels but the plastic inserts in racing red instead of black, kinda like a body color wheel treatment. Second, can anybody put the red broken K emblem in the grill and trunk lid to see what that looks like too? Again, I'm looking for a body color accent.
Can any of you that painted your factory wheels give any insight on how much a body shop might charge for that and how the paint job is lasting?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I don't have Photo Shop so maybe someone can help with this idea. I have two ideas I would love to see. First, I'd like to see a racing red Koup SX with factory wheels but the plastic inserts in racing red instead of black, kinda like a body color wheel treatment. Second, can anybody put the red broken K emblem in the grill and trunk lid to see what that looks like too? Again, I'm looking for a body color accent.
Can any of you that painted your factory wheels give any insight on how much a body shop might charge for that and how the paint job is lasting?
If you look around you'll find pic of asian red Koup with wheel insert paint red.
As for myself I'll paint mine copperhead and it'll cost............ 0$
I work as a lab tech for a paint co. and I'm currently testing some high quality polyurethane......... So far It look and hold perfectly. Will post pics when done.
You could find yourself some good plastic paint in rattlecan but make sure to put a UV resistant clear coat overit!
GL

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you look around you'll find pic of asian red Koup with wheel insert paint red.
As for myself I'll paint mine copperhead and it'll cost............ 0$
I work as a lab tech for a paint co. and I'm currently testing some high quality polyurethane......... So far It look and hold perfectly. Will post pics when done.
You could find yourself some good plastic paint in rattlecan but make sure to put a UV resistant clear coat overit!
GL
Lemme know if you need to "test" Electric Blue :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've been wanting to paint my inserts red as well, but have no idea how to go about it the right way. I think red and black would look great!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
racing red on the black inserts

I'd like to see the silver stay the way it is and red on the black inserts. My point is to see if we could have body color wheels that could look great and wouldn't cost $200.+ per wheel for new aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'd like to see the silver stay the way it is and red on the black inserts.
Sorry...when you said plastic inserts that's why I thought you meant to say the silver instead of black. The silver is the plastic insert not the black- the black is the metal rim itself.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
My crystal ball tells me that IF Kia offers the colored inserts they will be Black, Racing Red, Titanium, and unpainted.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Sorry...when you said plastic inserts that's why I thought you meant to say the silver instead of black. The silver is the plastic insert not the black- the black is the metal rim itself.
I think what he means is he wants to see the black parts on the car itself (trim around the grille and fog lights) painted Racing Red. I hope he doesn't mean painting the black (metal) part of the rims red as well... I don't think that would look good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
roknrolr,
You are somewhat right in I would love to have the front end of the car look more like the concept car BUT since I am finding out that the black part of an SX wheel is metal and the silver part is plastic, what I wanted to see is a red SX Koup with the black metal part of the wheel painted red and the silver part to stay silver.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
roknrolr,
You are somewhat right in I would love to have the front end of the car look more like the concept car BUT since I am finding out that the black part of an SX wheel is metal and the silver part is plastic, what I wanted to see is a red SX Koup with the black metal part of the wheel painted red and the silver part to stay silver.
I found someone selling this koup, but I think this is the reverse of what you want. But hey its still close!

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
I found someone selling this koup, but I think this is the reverse of what you want. But hey its still close!
Hmmmmm...that's what I wanted to do to my inserts... No I'm not so sure. Maybe it's because the red is a little darker than the car. Decisions, decisions...

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I whipped this up in a couple minutes. I apologize for the crap-tastic job I did. Is this what you were thinking about for the wheels? Looks very Canadian! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts

Holy Sh**!! This is my car! lol, i was googling pics of the kuop for my computer background and found this! tooooooo funny!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I whipped this up in a couple minutes. I apologize for the crap-tastic job I did. Is this what you were thinking about for the wheels? Looks very Canadian! lol

Could you imagine that red like you did but with black inserts instead of the grey? THAT would look sexy

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
oh wow, that's yours!? how come i haven't seen you? haha

Holy Sh**!! This is my car! lol, i was googling pics of the kuop for my computer background and found this! tooooooo funny!

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I was wondering why that Koup looks familiar. Is your car on sale?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts