Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Koup body issues only on 2010 or 2011 too?
Also, where are you? Cold or warm climate?
And what are dealers telling you, is Kia offering to fix?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Like I replied on the other thread, I checked my car yesterday and this morning at -15 degrees (Canada ) and No creases on mine.

White Koup 2011 3000km.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
It certainly would be nice if all Koups don't have these! All the Koups Ive seen have them -- on the dealer's lot, my Koup and my daughter's Koup.

Attached is a picture of where they are occuring. The "V" shaped one starts out as a line but continues to distort and look like a "V" as it gets colder. They do go away in warm weather - or when the sun warms the sheet metal. The lines are more pronounced on the passenger side but you can see them on the driver side too. To see them stand at the front of the car and look rearward along the car in the reflection - preferably something mirrored with lines to see them. I do not remember seeing them during the winter of 2009 (bought mine in Sep 2009) but then again it wasn't a real cold winter as this one has been. The line crease I hate the most is the one in the doors -- it makes it look like someone used their hip to shut the door and put a dent in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have no creases in mine except one in my passenger-side rocker panel when I inadvertently hit a snowbank while making a right turn!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm in south Florida. It barely ever gets bellow 30 F here and have not had any creasing problems with my 2010 Koup. I'm wondering the same thing, if its a cold weather issue.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
ForteSX2.4's diagram shows exactly where I get my two creases. Both are very very faint. They seem to just be on the passengers side and I only saw them for a couple days while the temp was between -10 and 10 degrees F. The other day at 40 degrees I couldn't see them.

'10 Forte Koup SX; manufacture date January '10.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
When i had my car clean and shiny (it was looking perfect) it was 30 out and i could faintly see one (only because i knew where it was from 10 degree weather)

2010 Koup SX

Passenger-side door only

SW PA

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have only noticed the door ones, but after seeing the diagram I'll check the others.
They're only noticeable in the cold...usually under 40 degrees F.

I haven't brought any concerns up with my dealer yet.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
Just let the car sit in the sun and the creases go away...LoL!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
We are in south Georgia and have had as many as 8 creases at one time. We checked a dealership outside of Atlanta yesterday and theirs had visible creases
in about 60 degree weather.
KIA's answer... We know, don't have a solution, have a nice day!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ya mine is in the pass. door... it drives me nuts.. i see it 24/7 now...

·
Registered
511 Posts
I don't see any on mine. But that's probably because it's stored for the winter in my garage with a car cover over it and I can't be bothered to look under it. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.