Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

i ordered a koup bumper on accident and i have sedan , at first i felt dumb and pissed , but then realised , it will fit :rolleyes:

so i will be getting the bumper via UPS probably next week , will install with fogs and will have pictures up as soon as i finish of all angles (because i know there are very low quality or discrete images of sedan w/ koup bumper pics out there)

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
what you trying to say fool.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Crock, i always wanted to ask you, did the koup bumper fit easily on your sedan, or did you have to shape it to fit?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dam my bad i never seen those , i thought you only had thumbnail pics , i never seen those on the forum

so it does fit i assume ? , how is when it comes to be lined up on fender ?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The front end of the sedan, koup, 5door are exactly the same. Anything from the front of one will bolt up to the front of the other. The rear is where the differences are. The headlights, bumper covers, hoods, fenders, grilles, etc are all the exact same attachment points. only diff between the bumpers is purely cosmetic.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Crock, i always wanted to ask you, did the koup bumper fit easily on your sedan, or did you have to shape it to fit?
It fits just right. I just needed to buy the koups fender clips so it could look tucked in. other then that the plastic underneath the bumper that connects the wheel well and bumper are not the same and will need to be cut with a blade not a big deal. Hard to explain easy to do. Took me like less then 15min to do. You know how many times I took the front end apart omg. I got hit and I changed the hood and ripped off the koup bumper since it keept poping off from the fender side due to that accident. I put my sedan bumper back and all was good

·
Registered
593 Posts
It fits just right. I just needed to buy the koups fender clips so it could look tucked in.

other then that the plastic underneath the bumper is not the same.

I got hit and I changed the hood and ripped off the koup bumper since it keept poping off from the fender side due to that accident. I put my sedan bumper back and all was good
Now I'm confused... it fit... it did not fit...???

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Now I'm confused... it fit... it did not fit...???

The "bones" are the same but the splash guard is different because the shape of the bumper cover is different. I think he is also saying the fender clips are different, but I didn't think they were. Crock has done it so i'd take his word for it but I don't know why they'd use a different clip.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Man I can't wait to see those pics.. I got two questions for you.how much was it and where'd you get it??? I been wanting to swap my front bumper for the koup one

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
yea sorry for confusing you guys it fits! i mean you will have to actually see underneath your car to see what im saying its not a big deal just need a blade to cut a piece of plastic off that connects from the wheel well to the bumper since its not a sedan bumper. trust me. any questions once you get the bumper pm me.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Man I can't wait to see those pics.. I got two questions for you.how much was it and where'd you get it??? I been wanting to swap my front bumper for the koup one
since my dealer knows my car they cut me a deal bumper cover,foglight covers L/R 180$ shipped to the dealership. might want to talk to your dealer. also they will ask you for a koup's vin number and obviously you have a sedan. its best to know some one that has a koup that has been manufacture around the same time as your sedan since there are 3 different types of koup' bumpers which makes no sense i still think there all the same.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts