Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here knows if the sedan and the koup have the same size of door handles? I noticed on ebay that they sell chrome handle covers for the sedan but not the koup. I asked one of the sellers about the koup and they replied that they "think" they are the same size and he would sell two of them to me cheaper. I am not convinced they are the same size at this point. Do any of you know? I know one member at least owns both sedan and koup here.:confused:

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I was wondering if anyone here knows if the sedan and the koup have the same size of door handles? I noticed on ebay that they sell chrome handle covers for the sedan but not the koup. I asked one of the sellers about the koup and they replied that they "think" they are the same size and he would sell two of them to me cheaper. I am not convinced they are the same size at this point. Do any of you know? I know one member at least owns both sedan and koup here.:confused:
I have chrome handle on mine that I would gladly exchange for copperhead one!!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Kia goes through all the trouble to black out everything on the Koup and you want chrome door handles?

·
Registered
486 Posts
That’s weird because I am pretty sure all the US models handles match the car color. I also want to change that But I think I will go with CF. I would like to do a few subtle CF exterior mods nothing over the top. I would love to find the front lip from that Montreal car show car in CF. http://www.forteforums.com/forums/forte-koup-pictures-videos/263-red-koup-montreal-auto-show.html and a CF lip spoiler which I have already seen. That would be about all I would do. Along with the door handles which I have seen as well but also only sold for the sedan in a set of 4. If anyone else is interested in CF door handles and the sedan and koup are the same I would be willing to sell the other 2 or go in half’s on them.http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=30_303_304&products_id=3886

·
Registered
166 Posts
I agree except for the door handle since im from canada and I have the chrome door handles :p

anyone know where to bought the front lips from the mtl autoshow ??

·
Registered
105 Posts
PharaohKoup, you're right about the US models having the doorhandles that match the color of the paint. Only the SX models in Canada have the chrome handles. I have the SX Sedan in Canada and really love the chrome door handles. Mine is in titanium color so the chrome looks really good.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have an EX Koup in Canada and it came with the chrome door handles. I like the look.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The Sedans or Koups have chrome in Canada? My point was that unlike the sedan, the Koup has exterior trim blacked out where it's bright on the Sedans. I never said the door handles were black.

So, why would you want to add chrome bling to it?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah the Koups here have the chrome handles. But i see your point.

Thank god they didn't add the chrome around the windows like they do for the Honda's

·
Registered
486 Posts
so can you get the US koup in flat or glossy black trim? I assume your talking about the paint on the front of the car around the grill and fog lights. I have a Koup SX in corsa blue and thats the only black on my car and its very glossy. even the black on the rims is glossy. But I agree I dont think I personally would like crome. That being said... I am sure some wouldnt like carbon fiber either. I have said it before people have different taste.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes, look at the Koup compared to the sedan...all the black used on the Koup front end, the grill outline being blacked out....the wheels. To go and add a lot of aftermarket chrome to that won't look right.

People do have different tastes, but this car has a more European look than Asian, IMO. It won't look good riced out...as if that ever looks like anything but crap.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I'm getting a red Koup by the end of the month and I don't know if I'll want to keep the chrome handles that it will come with. If you've got black or red handles there's a possibility that I may decide to swap. Just thought I'd put that idea out there for consideration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.