Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, having owned a few cars previously and known the pain of seeing a dent in the doors when parked alongside other "egoist" owners, I would not want to see my first brand new car get dented in its early days...

So just wandering if any of you guys have placed side door mouldings on your Koup or planning to do so? And would you know of any nice ones that wont give the Koup an ugly character...?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think Kia caught onto the idea that door moldings on these cars aren't effective. Since these cars sit low the door moldings would have to sit midway up the door to prevent any kinds of dings due to the curvature of the door and its high point. My Charger got 2 dings with door moldings cause cars/trucks vary so much in height these days so I ended up removing them cause it was a cleaner look. Just my opinion but if you find something that looks good and works then let us know. I am all for prevention.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think Fas93 has something but not door mouldings. Check out her album.

I agree with you....I would hate to find my car with any sort of dents.....

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
here's a pic of my door moldings. the ones i have arent the 'U' shaped door moldings that just slide onto the edge of the door. those are crap and dont stick on. the ones i bought have a 3M strip you peel off and they just on the outside of the door and lip over the edge of the door. they dont go all the way around the egde; they just lip over. i got mine from autozone. i help fas93 get them cuz she liked them too and theyve proved themselves worthy on a couple of occasions of opening my door too close to a wall or somthing lol

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
My car came with these from the dealer. However, they wont prevent other cars from putting dings in your doors...just help you not chip your doors if you open too wide.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone, having owned a few cars previously and known the pain of seeing a dent in the doors when parked alongside other "egoist" owners, I would not want to see my first brand new car get dented in its early days...

So just wandering if any of you guys have placed side door mouldings on your Koup or planning to do so? And would you know of any nice ones that wont give the Koup an ugly character...?

I park well away from other cars whenever possible..there are so many jerks around, who don't care about their cars and other peoples.

My wife has a new Renault and its happened to her, nice dint and scratch from some a**holes door, they obviously had just opened their door and crunch, did'nt even remove the evidence, needless to say their car had a bigger dint in it once i'd finished with it !!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As you suggested and as I am currently doing now, there are not much options for the time being than parking away from others. But even that in supermarket parkings some people would park just beside mine although its far from the entrance... guess they can't resist to have a close look... :)

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Alright, it might not be the best thing ever, but try to look up Door Shox on amazon. It attaches with a magnet and protects your car. or if you're looking for something that you would use in your own garage, then how about doorpal.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any chance that one of you guys who is good at Photoshop try to design some nice looking side door moulding for the koup? Who knows, if its eye catching then someone could get into producing them...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Guys & Gals, I have managed to put the door edge guard on my Titanium silver and they look just great. Now while waiting for my K badges and Koup wheel caps to arrive am thinking whether the side door moulding (yeah am still obsessed by them..) might still be worth it...the same STYLE that the Megane Coupe has.

What do you think?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts