Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The glass window on my passenger side door strikes the metal moulding when I shut the door (see photo). It makes a terrible noise and then I can here wind noise from where glass isn't sealing against the rubber properly. I was wondering if anyone else has experience this.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Bring it in to your dealer/service department right away! I've never heard of anyone else experiencing a problem like this.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,911 Posts
roknrolr is right -- take it to the dealer for correction, your window is out of adjustment!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Bring it in to your dealer/service department right away! I've never heard of anyone else experiencing a problem like this.
ditto!

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I have this problem with my passenger side door. I have about 700mi before I go to the dealer for first visit I will take care of it then.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the info, I will be seeing the dealer today. The thing that worries me about getting things like this seen to by the dealer, is that they usually get first year apprentices to work on your car and they end up stuffing it up. When I had my Forte EX Sedan side mirror cover looked at because of wind noise (whistle) they made it worse before fnally after 3 goes they replaced the whole mirror assembly.
So I will be watching them closely

·
Registered
526 Posts
they usually get first year apprentices to work on your car and they end up stuffing it up.
So I will be watching them closely
Good luck with that! You could take the door panel off yourself- at least then it will avoid some scars and broken clips:eek:!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I was thinking of doing that rather having some heavy handed kid do it at the dealership. I did it on my Sedan but mot too sure on removing Koups door panel, I think there is only 3 screws like the sedan to remove then just clips out.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Check your other thread : Door panel removal help needed. I posted something for you yesterday that should be of some help.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Same thin the pass side door you have to hit the glass to get the window to close, going to the dealer ship tuesday. What service bulitin is on this??

·
Registered
202 Posts
wow well to be honest I will always expect things like that to happend to cars with frame less doors, that is so comond with doors like that see it all the time

·
Registered
533 Posts
Same Thing happening here didn't know there was a TSB though... Callin the dealer in the morning...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took my car into the dealer to show them, it's booked in on Wednesday to be fixed. He said that it looks like the window alignment needs sloping backwards a bit, fingers crossed.
There was another red Koup in showroom that was OK but theres not much room for error as the window fits pretty close to that black trim on top of the door.
Also noticed my gear knob has a real rattley sound somewhere in the shift, you can here it when changing i't's like a loose washer somewhere on the stick. The Demo car didn't have this.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Same Thing happening here didn't know there was a TSB though... Callin the dealer in the morning...
How did you go with getting your window fixed by the dealer ?
I took mine in yesterday and the service manager said they tried to fix the problem but there was nearly no adjustment they could do. He said they dropped the window 2mm but if I shut the door and forget and hold door up a bit it still hits , or if car is parked on uneven ground.
I thought there would be some sought of adjustment there but knowing modern cars they are all built by robots and theres probably no adjustment for miss aligned doors.
Wish I hadn't bothered going to dealer in the first place as usual I got 2 small scratches on my window tint errrg:mad:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Hey rpps I got my koup fixed yesterday. They fixed the door as well as the noise from my sunroof. I kept closing my door over and over again making sure that it didn't get caught, and low and behold it didn't! I had my oil changed, tires rotated, sunroof noise fixed, and the door fixed. It took about 2 hours, but it was well worth the wait.
The service guy said that it was the window that needed a little bit of adjustment. I could tell he took the door panel off because he forgot to snap part of the plastic silver piece back in place.

·
Registered
522 Posts
There is no tsb on this but the dealer knows about this it is a problem with all the koups even the new on that i looked at when mine was fixed, they had to rmove the door pannel and adjust the power window stops down a little bit, and it just works fine now!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey rpps I got my koup fixed yesterday. They fixed the door as well as the noise from my sunroof. I kept closing my door over and over again making sure that it didn't get caught, and low and behold it didn't! I had my oil changed, tires rotated, sunroof noise fixed, and the door fixed. It took about 2 hours, but it was well worth the wait.
The service guy said that it was the window that needed a little bit of adjustment. I could tell he took the door panel off because he forgot to snap part of the plastic silver piece back in place.
Good to hear I will be visiting dealer again today and asking questions. I have tried shutting door over and over again but ever so often the glass still hits the top black metal trim

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.