Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Looks like they lean it out and advance the timing. The first run you can see the air fuel ratio dip into the 11's and 10's which is very rich for an NA application. Then the 2nd run after the flash you can see it stay around 13:1 which is where they are gaining the HP. Looks like on subsequent runs they tried to advance the timing, but 13:1 is about a lean as you want to go full throttle and it looks like the stock ECU is pulling back that timing hence no real gains after the first flash.

Anyone know who this is and where they are located?

For those interested, owner claims 6HP at the wheels and 20% savings on gas

YouTube - davidjennie's Channel

dont know if its that much savings on gas, thats just his claims

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
In the first video the guy says they're stationed in Korea, so I can only assume he's in the military and went to some local shop.

·
Registered
265 Posts
more importantly... 20lb.ft of torque? that can't be right yet it was the same all three times...

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi guys the car you all are talking about is mine, yes I am military, about the car i did not get any gain in torque. If you have any question just ask.

Here in Korea they have a turbo kit forte the forte koup for 2,100,000 won(Im gonna say that is about $1,800 to $1,900) I want it but I have another baby coming up so im gonna have to wait a little, however I still have a long time here before I leave korea so If I get it some day I will let you know how good it is.

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
It's rated in Kg and not Ft Lbs.

more importantly... 20lb.ft of torque? that can't be right yet it was the same all three times...

We tried working with a flashing company, we spent a whole weekend and they just couldn't get the results we could stand behind. They also wouldn't let us use the software. So, we went with an alternative option which has been working much better than the flash. It also gives the end user the ability to do a custom tune! :)

TK, you guys flash ECUs as well don't you?

You have a PM. We'd love to get our hands on the software.

Hi guys the car you all are talking about is mine, yes I am military, about the car i did not get any gain in torque. If you have any question just ask.

Here in Korea they have a turbo kit forte the forte koup for 2,100,000 won(Im gonna say that is about $1,800 to $1,900) I want it but I have another baby coming up so im gonna have to wait a little, however I still have a long time here before I leave korea so If I get it some day I will let you know how good it is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
TK.... What is the "alternative option" that you guys are using and how can I get my ECU done/ programmed. Please tell the specs for this! Even with our bolt on's (CAI, Cat back) we are not seeing the true gains of all of this till the ecu is done!!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
TK, that's what I like about you guys, you won't settle. Glad you found another option which you say works better and you'll stand behind. Now please, as Serrie asked, what is this "alternative option"? :)

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
It's no secret, it's right in our Turbo Kit info post. We are using the AEM FIC piggy back fuel injector controller. It allows for control over the fuel, timing, MAP clamping and O2 skewing. We have had great success with it on our other kits and it seems to be falling right in line with the Forte kit as well. The current set up is only for a NA to turbo conversion, but their new software which is due out soon will offer TPS tuning as well. Which should give you NA guys the option to tune.

TK.... What is the "alternative option" that you guys are using and how can I get my ECU done/ programmed. Please tell the specs for this! Even with our bolt on's (CAI, Cat back) we are not seeing the true gains of all of this till the ecu is done!!
TK, that's what I like about you guys, you won't settle. Glad you found another option which you say works better and you'll stand behind. Now please, as Serrie asked, what is this "alternative option"? :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
It's no secret, it's right in our Turbo Kit info post. We are using the AEM FIC piggy back fuel injector controller. It allows for control over the fuel, timing, MAP clamping and O2 skewing. We have had great success with it on our other kits and it seems to be falling right in line with the Forte kit as well. The current set up is only for a NA to turbo conversion, but their new software which is due out soon will offer TPS tuning as well. Which should give you NA guys the option to tune.
LOL Well alright then. Thanks. Oh, and it's probably something obvious, and sorry to sound like an idiot, but I keep seeing it around; what does "NA" stand for?

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Tx for the update TK.
Guess I will have to wait a bit more to have a quality product!!

DEpr84

NA= naturaly aspired (!?!? on spelling) or no force induction. The engine is getting air from vacuum by the pistons

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Great, thanks for the information TK and Matemorh. Good to know. :) Do you think AEM will have this information on their software update for us NA ;) guys on their site or somewhere? Sorry, not like it's up to you to keep us updated on someone else's products right. ;)

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Your welcome, they already have the BETA version of the software out, but as a beta, we won't promote it until it's confirmed by them.

Great, thanks for the information TK and Matemorh. Good to know. :) Do you think AEM will have this information on their software update for us NA ;) guys on their site or somewhere? Sorry, not like it's up to you to keep us updated on someone else's products right. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does it plug and play , because their is no harness in their site for the forte. And question did you use the universal one ? And wich one the 6 or 8 ?

·
Site Sponsor
1,809 Posts
Ahhh, see, now that's the secret... We are the only ones who have it available as a plug n play option and we know which one to send.

Does it plug and play , because their is no harness in their site for the forte. And question did you use the universal one ? And wich one the 6 or 8 ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats so meeeaaan !!! Lol. What about you selling it seperately with the plug and play feature. I just wanted to improve the na, i dont plan in boosting in the near future. I promise to keep the secret hahahaha. And quick question can you raise the rev limiter and speed limiter ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts