Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the standard EX koup, I'm just wondering if I can just buy the factory GPS/Nav parts from my local kia dealer and install it myself. I've searched and found a bunch of threads on aftermarket dim kits, but I haven't seen anything on the factory parts. Any thoughts/experiences?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
bump
I'm also going to add the question if the 2011 auto climate control could be easily swapped into the 2010 Manual AC.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Have you asked the dealer? I've asked about the GPS, but hadn't thought about the climate control. Guess I'll ask about that ad well. :) I didn't particularly ask about about just getting the parts, but instead how much it would cost me to get it installed. They gave me a price on an aftermarket kit though. If I remember correctly he told me the Kia parts are actually extremely expensive. It was a while ago though, so I might be wrong. I'd just call and ask to make sure.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I went to my dealer parts section and asked if the 2011 navi can fit in the 2010 and he said it was possible. But the cost he told me for the unit alone is 1800. For that I feel it's better to go with aftermarket instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to my local dealer and they said it wasn't possible to get the navigation part by itself. All I want is a GPS that will work with all my steering wheel buttons. So if I cant find a factory GPS, can anyone recommend one that will work with all the buttons?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts