Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you Koup EX owners had any issues with the feel or wearing of the steering wheel itself? How is the steering wheel cover holding up?
I'm thinking about having a professional do a leather wrap but I think that would make the wheel feel "too fat".
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have had to have a repair to my steering wheel on my SX...the leather was actually peeling. If is still having some issues next time to the dealership I will see if I can get them to replace it as they told me they would if patch did not hold up.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I haven't had any issues...I just have the stock steering wheel and a black slip on wheel cover 'cause the plastic-y feel is really annoying lol

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have no issues with mine and I keep it stock because it is grippy enough. I tend to put on a cover if they are too smooth. Don't like having the wheel slip in my grasp. My girlfriends Chevy Cobalt has a smooth leather cover that is very slippery and I definately don't like it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have had to have a repair to my steering wheel on my SX...the leather was actually peeling. If is still having some issues next time to the dealership I will see if I can get them to replace it as they told me they would if patch did not hold up.
Was this covered under warranty? Mines doing the same thing in two places and was looking into getting it fixed this summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts