Kia Forte Forum banner

Koup EX vs Koup SX

6K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  ForteGT2 
#1 ·
I am bored. We are always comparing Fortes to other cars, so I figured it would be worth mentioning that I compared a Forte to another Forte.

My brother is up for a visit, he has a Koup SX 6spd with an intake and the throttle mod. I had a Koup EX 5spd loaner car today, they didn't have an SX sedan. We figured we would take them for a rip today to compare them overall.

I got to use his SX, as he wanted to see how the EX worked.

I like the game of chase, 1 car in front 1 car in back. The back car announces he is going for a pass (to give the front car plenty of time to get ready), and if you can successfully pass the front car you are the winner, if the front car can avoid being passed, it is the winner. Then you swap positions. I got the idea from watching Touge Battles, plus passing a car on a highway or bypass while staying within posted speed limits isn't an immediate danger to other people (like lining up in the middle of a road).

Anyways the SX was the pure winner, even being behind 1-1.5 car lengths at the start, it was able to pass the EX without any problems. And after seeing that there was no point in putting the SX in the front position.

It would have been more fun if it was an SX sedan vs the SX Koup, but oh well it was fun nonetheless.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I am bored. We are always comparing Fortes to other cars, so I figured it would be worth mentioning that I compared a Forte to another Forte.

My brother is up for a visit, he has a Koup SX 6spd with an intake and the throttle mod. I had a Koup EX 5spd loaner car today, they didn't have an SX sedan. We figured we would take them for a rip today to compare them overall.

I got to use his SX, as he wanted to see how the EX worked.

I like the game of chase, 1 car in front 1 car in back. The back car announces he is going for a pass (to give the front car plenty of time to get ready), and if you can successfully pass the front car you are the winner, if the front car can avoid being passed, it is the winner. Then you swap positions. I got the idea from watching Touge Battles, plus passing a car on a highway or bypass while staying within posted speed limits isn't an immediate danger to other people (like lining up in the middle of a road).

Anyways the SX was the pure winner, even being behind 1-1.5 car lengths at the start, it was able to pass the EX without any problems. And after seeing that there was no point in putting the SX in the front position.

It would have been more fun if it was an SX sedan vs the SX Koup, but oh well it was fun nonetheless.
I have a sedan SX and Koup SX...my sedan walks away from my Koup off the line:mad:. They are too close to call around 50-80 MPH, depends on who puts their foot down first...:DLoL! I haven't taken them above that as I don't really care to know. My sedan SX auto against a 2.0 auto off the line...there was no comparison...wasn't a problem for the 2.4 -- not even close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.