Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...But i'm wondering what the main aesthetic differences are between the EX and the SX in Canada (not sure if that makes a difference).

Usually they would post everything on the websites (and I know about the standard things like the metallic plastic trims) but after going through countless sites I started hearing about a few things that were never mentioned.

For example...a red strip around the speedo of the SX that is not on the EX?
And I've also heard of the red backlights for the stereo flashes to the beat of the music on the SX only?

is this true? and i there anything else i'm haven't heard about?

Thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm new so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...But i'm wondering what the main aesthetic differences are between the EX and the SX in Canada (not sure if that makes a difference).

Usually they would post everything on the websites (and I know about the standard things like the metallic plastic trims) but after going through countless sites I started hearing about a few things that were never mentioned.

And I've also heard of the red backlights for the stereo flashes to the beat of the music on the SX only?

Thanks for your input!
To the best of my knowledge:
For Canadian Koup aesthetic diff.

EX have no fog light, mat black facia, no speaker light

SX have gloss facia, fog light, no speaker ligth, onboard computer, 17" alloy wheel

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for your input!
the US version is all you heard.. on the speakers in the door are indeed red lights which you can choose to let flash a red light to the beat of the music.. or you can turn them on set the mood, and of course turn them off.. also you can contorl how bright they are..
red stiching? YES
there is a red back light on the speedo gauge!

yes the red stich's and the speaker lights are a SX thing only

the SX comes with a sport tuned suspension that some say rides a little bit harsh but it makes the car handle better then its ex sisters and brothers

hope this helps you:D

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
There is also a slightly bigger engine in the SX. And is available in a 6 M/T and 5 A/T where as the EX is 5 M/T and 4 A/T... But either model is good... Oh and The SX has a Leather interior

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Leather is an option on the Sx. So is a sunroof and my freaking rearview mirror.
They can't find a titanium one sx with leather and a sunroof. :(
I have dealers looking all over...

do they have interior lights on the sx? Besides the dome and map lights? :(

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
oh i love leather... love the leather interior so nice

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I had leather once in a new car and didn't care for it with our very cold and very hot days plus I don't like sliding around when driving aggressively in corners.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
IMO one of the reasons for the SX and the 2.4 is how you drive. The larger engine is beneficial if you load the car regularly - 4 passengers and luggage and drive at highway speeds. While the 2.0 is obviously capable, having a few more ponies and torque always helps when the car is loaded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.