Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into changing the muffler on my koup sx but I noticed that it looks like after the cat there are two mufflers.....??? anything Im missing here? do I need to straight pipe one then change another?

·
Registered
55 Posts
One is a resonator. The other is your muffler. The resonator is a straight pipe with some packing around it to keep the noise level down.

It is up to you whether you want to delete the resonator, leave it stock, or change it. There won't be any difference in performance, only sound if you do anything with the resonator.

The muffler is a different story. You can realize some performance increase by changing the stock muffler in favor of a straight through design.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,871 Posts
KEEP a resonator! 4 bangers without them sound terrible...LoL!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
just ordered my muffler yesterday, hoping to get it by wednesday or so and get it on that day.. got the magnaflow #11225 i think it was. Should I keep the resonator or delete it. I know a few of you have the same muffler I ordered, i'd appreciate it if I could get a sound clip from someone that has it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
just ordered my muffler yesterday, hoping to get it by wednesday or so and get it on that day.. got the magnaflow #11225 i think it was. Should I keep the resonator or delete it. I know a few of you have the same muffler I ordered, i'd appreciate it if I could get a sound clip from someone that has it.
With easy "factory" CAI/RAI mod too. Stock resonator, Stock 2" mandrel tubing.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey jimminyjamez is the with a 11225? can you take some clips outside the car? I am wanting to get a 11225 as well!

Thanks
BW

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Keep the resonator since it is the flow through type and doesn't affect performance much. 4 Cylinders sound a bit harsh without them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts