Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'll be looking at koup sx's tomorrow and hopefully getting one! I've been reading through the forums and was wondering what owners think about their Koups in northeast conditions (snow, rough roads, road noise b/c of the aforementioned conditions) as it will definitely play into my purchase decision. Thanks for any input,
-Cheers! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha. the scranton area actually! I see you're from wilkesberre! Good to know there's someone from the area! Either way, how has the forte been on 81? I heard the torsion beam suspension in the back rides a bit stiffer but I'm wondering if it's unbearable around these parts.

Unrelated - I'm test driving some over in stroudsburg tomorrow since its the only dealer in the area that has SX's with a 6spd.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Well welcome to the site. I hve the sx sedan and it's a tad bumpy/stiff however I love the car. There are some minor issues with the car as any new car in it's first year however overall I am thrilled with the Car so far. I actually bought mine from a dealer in Allentown since they were the only ones that had a sx sedan black on black w/ 6sp mt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Massachusetts here the car has done verry well in snow and a little rough on ride on after winter pot hole ridden roads but love the car it's fun to drive sx standard.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Massachusetts here also. Had it only for Pollen season, IN BLACK IT SUCKS, but I give my car alot of attention so it is happy. Great ride very smooth but be careful of construction roads. Some bumps affect the car more than my last car. Snow season will be interesting. But that's why I got a standard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome, thanks for the input. I'm proud to say im now an owner of a koup sx 6spd and I freakin love it. It's definitely a somewhat busy ride but not nearly as bad as i thought it would be.

I'm coming from a 2001 sable LS so it was a fairly soft ride, but I'm fairly pleased with the ride on the koup so far. I'll put up pics soon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I think we should set up a NEPA forte meet at some point over the summer lol.

I was able to find some really terrible roads (which isnt hard to do around here) and found the torsion beam in the back is definitely noticeable, but prior to that the ride is great.

That clutch is kind of a bitch to get used to though...

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Thanks! I think we should set up a NEPA forte meet at some point over the summer lol.

I was able to find some really terrible roads (which isnt hard to do around here) and found the torsion beam in the back is definitely noticeable, but prior to that the ride is great.

That clutch is kind of a bitch to get used to though...
Yeah the clutch is a bitch. It took me about 1-2 weeks to get used to
and yeah a meet up would be cool but it might just be me and you. Lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah the clutch is a bitch. It took me about 1-2 weeks to get used to
and yeah a meet up would be cool but it might just be me and you. Lol
I'm not too far from PA, about 1hr from East Stroudsburg by 80.... ;)

(Same for Allentown by taking 78)

We should get some people together, it would be fun.

Bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in northern Maryland, about 30 mins south of the PA line. The day I bought my Corsa Blue SX Koup, we got about 2 inches of snow on the ground. My Koup has survived 2 or 3 big snow falls and handled them quite well. As for the ride, the SX has a much stiffer ride, but we've gotten used to it. We've taken in on several road trips already to North Carolina, Skyline Drive in VA, etc.​

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm from Morristown/Bethlehem area you guys...

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I don't know for you guys but here in Quebec we have quite some snow. I put winter IG20 tire on the Koup and It was somehow a pleasant winter driving around but for one thing!!! The traction control is WAY too invasive! You can turn it off each time there's snow but you'll have to be extra gentle on the throttle witch is allready tricky!! Just don't forgot to turn it off getting out of snow bank or you'll smoke the brake!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I've had my sx koup 6spd for 5 days now and can't get enough of it. I'm relieved to hear the car (with adequate snows) is able to get around in snowy conditions fairly well.

I think an allentown area meet would be a decent midway point for everyone. I think the northeast has gotta REPRESENT! :p

Matemorh, this is a little off topic, but have you tried the throttle adjust mentioned in another thread?

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/do-yourself-articles/1342-best-throttle-mod-ever.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts