Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealer finalizing the purchase today and when the car was off getting detailed i just stared at a new coup and sedan parked next to each other for a good 10 min.

I know in a few honda, mazda, and vw lines when you have coup and sedan chassis the bumper clips are for the most part interchangeable.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just bought the koup front bumper for my forte sedan, i will let you know how it lines up. i was looking at the two myself and i'm pretty sure it will line right up.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I'll check surrounding parts if I were you : head lamp, grill, etc......... if Kia give the same code or have the same size than you should be good swapping the front bumper as I agree with you that Kia did not make two different front frame!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
where at? this will be one of my first mods.

I wanna purchase here but they do not have the koup in their catalog yet.

Kia Car Parts has the Largest Inventory of Kia Parts in the USA!

Ask the service manager to order it for you. That's what I'm going to do... There's a picture around here that shows the sedan with the front bumper

I'm starting to believe that you might need to change out the fenders as well...

Anyone who is able to do it, please write up a DIY, or at least show some pictures of the installation.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Keep us posted deff interested

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sedan looks good with the koup's face. And we can keep our four doors!! =)
I didn't even think about this when I first bought the car but my brother mentioned it to me the first day and it was always in the back of my mind. Haha

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Since the only body part shared by the Koup and Sedan is the hood, I suspect you will need to change the fenders and grill, along with the bumper supports/cushions behind the bumper. (and of course the fog lights) I'm not sure if the headlight are the same either.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The first day after i bought my Sedan sx I was interested in doing this myself. Just guta save up those benjamins!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since the only body part shared by the Koup and Sedan is the hood, I suspect you will need to change the fenders and grill, along with the bumper supports/cushions behind the bumper. (and of course the fog lights) I'm not sure if the headlight are the same either.
what's your source for this info? I'd like to read more :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
what's your source for this info? I'd like to read more :)
The only way to confirm is to check with KIA and see if they share the same part #... for the fenders and hood...

I've literally have stared a the KOUP front end for 15 minutes strait... Looks like the bumper is wider at the fenders, by the wheel wells... can someone confirm?... look at where the KOUP fender and bumper meet, then look at the sedan, and you'll notice a difference near the wheel wells...

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
site seems to be down damn

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
firefox, chrome ??? nothing

·
Registered
288 Posts
I didnt even think of that...